• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big "12" aka the Little "11" Scores Big

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TexasBred said:
Well.....we stunk up the place again last night...what else is new. :roll:

It was a great game, too bad the Longhorns came out on top. Without a couple of those interceptions, A&M wins.

Whitewing said:
okfarmer said:
TexasBred said:
Keywords in all of this is "Interest in TCU". OU might fill up the stadium. They had more at Baylor last week than Baylor did. Baylor will never compete consistently. Just a fact. OU, Texas, OSU and KSU can come to town but if they consistently beat TCU (which most will do) you won't be able to give away tickets.

As for the SEC in general. You have 2 or 3 schools that consistenly have good football programs. The others are mediocre at best with one or two having a good year occasionally. I think we'll hold our own and excell in many sports as well as academically.

I think TCU will hold their own. They will definitely be a leg up over Colorado, and I think consistently in the mid range of the Big 12. They are committed to football. Not saying they will dominate but at least be a decent program. So will West Virginia. In other words, not a huge difference.

I agree, I don't think the SEC is a powerhouse from top to bottom as so many would like to believe. A&M should have beat Arkansas this year. Alabama and LSU playing at Kyle field in most years would have just as hard a time as anyone else. I think most of the big conferences are more similar than their fans would like to believe.

I wish a&m luck. I hope they have a good showing next year. But before you go....

Q: Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, a classy SEC fan, and an old drunk are
walking down the street together when they simultaneously spot a
hundred dollar bill. Who gets it?

A: The old drunk, of course; the other three are mythical creatures.

Q: There are 4 LSU players in a car. Who is driving?

A: The police

Q. What do you call the sweat on two Bama fans having sex?

A. Relative Humidity

Q: How do you keep an Aggie from masturbeting?

A: Paint his $@%!$ burnt orange, then he can't beat it

Q: How do you get an Aggie grad off your front porch?

A: Pay for the pizza.

I always liked this one.

Q: What do you call an Aggie after 5 years on the job.

A: Boss

:lol:

Q: What do you call an Aggie after 5 years and 2 day on the job?

A: Lost

Because he don't have a shovel in his hand.

Bevo after the Big 12 falls apart.

HornsDown.jpg

big 12 falls apart??? we got rid of the cry babies, the outcasts, and the spoiled rotten kids from the north....the Big 12 is stronger than ever...

You don't get stronger than ever losing nationally prominent schools and replacing with whatever you can dig up locally. And still, the cancer that tore apart the old conf. is still there, still using everybody else.

there is ZERO difference between NU and Texas.... both bullies, just one got knocked down a notch or two, got pissed and left.

HURRY FELLOWS...TIME IS RUNNING OUT...DON'T MISS OUT..GO TO THIS SITE AND FILL OUT THE REQUEST TO BEG DISH AND DIRECT TV TO PLEASE CARRY:

http://espn.go.com/longhornnetwork/
Seems it's not catching on like they thought.

:lol2:

jigs said:
there is ZERO difference between NU and Texas....

Jiggsy, you are wrong about this, just like you are on so many things..... :lol:

Texass has two things Nebraska never had.....being in Jerry Jones' back pocket for one, and, most importantly, ONE EXTRA SECOND.

loomixguy said:
jigs said:

Jiggsy, you are wrong about this, just like you are on so many things..... :lol:

Texass has two things Nebraska never had.....being in Jerry Jones' back pocket for one, and, most importantly, ONE EXTRA SECOND.

that one extra second is gonna haunt you for life isn't it......

loomixguy said:
jigs said:

Wait a minute guys....Not even the Longhorns would allow Jerry Jones on their campus.

loomixguy said:
jigs said:

If the Huskers had played a little defense beforehand, that ONE EXTRA SECOND would not have helped them.

You can never point to one play as the deciding factor in a game. The game is usually 60 MINUTES long. :lol:

Well, you are probably right. We could have put 6 extra hours on the clock for many K State games, put in the Women's gymnastics team, and K State still couldn't have beaten Nebraska.

The particular game in question was 60:01 minutes long. Mighty convenient that it happened in Texas and benefitted a Texas team. Don't like the outcome? Put some time back on the clock!

A couple of months later I'm in Grand Prairie at the dealership where I bought my last truck. They had more UT crap hanging on the walls than they even do in Austin. Autographed Colt McCoy posters, jerseys, helmets, schedules, etc. Same for Mack Brown paraphernilia. I asked them what they thought it cost to get that one second put back on the clock, and 20 salespeople just looked at their shoes and didn't have anything to say. Kinda odd for blowhard UT fans.

Latest posts