• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big 12 Conference

Help Support Ranchers.net:

efb

Reaction score
I hate it that the Big 12 is apparently history. I guess the love of money will eventually distroy everything in this Country. I hope Colorado and Nebraska are happy. What do you think ??

I think it's better to be proactive rather than reactive. You can hardly blame Nebraska for ultimately doing what is best for them. One or two teams leaving a conference will hardly destroy it. If you are looking to cast blame, look no further than the schools in your own state. BTW...Good luck telling the other schools in the PAC 10 how things will be. I don't think you will like or appreciate the answers you will get.

Remember...the ONLY thing the folks at the People's Republic of Boulder bring to the table at the PAC 10 is the Denver TV audience.

and remember the only thing the self proclaied"greatest fans" bring to the table is bitching, moaning, and arrogance.

NU could not compete with Texas, so they left. plain and simple.

The Texas schools will land on their feet. I'm a K-Stater and I'm concerned about KSU and KU. I can't see how they will come out of this with out their revenue being cut in half or more.

efb said:
The Texas schools will land on their feet. I'm a K-Stater and I'm concerned about KSU and KU. I can't see how they will come out of this with out their revenue being cut in half or more.

Welcome to the world of the Mid-major that we out in BYU, Utah, TCU and Boise have had to live in! :D The BCS is to blame for all the greed behind college football. Its not about tradition! Its not about championships! Its not about fairness! IT IS ABOUT CASH!!!! :mad:

leanin' H said:
efb said:

Welcome to the world of the Mid-major that we out in BYU, Utah, TCU and Boise have had to live in! :D The BCS is to blame for all the greed behind college football. Its not about tradition! Its not about championships! Its not about fairness! IT IS ABOUT CASH!!!! :mad:

Certainlly isn't about education...

In the days of the Big 8, Nebraska and Oklahoma carried the entire conference, athletically and financially. Everybody knew what football game was gonna be on ABC the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Then four teams from the Southwest conference came knocking at the Big 8's door with their hats in their hands, and, through the graciousness of Oklahoma and Nebraska, the Big 12 was born. Since then, it has been all Texas, all the time. The thing that bothers me is that Oklahoma has stated that they will blindly go wherever Texas goes, like they have no identity of their own. They need to stand up to Texas, IMO. I am glad to see that the SEC is still courting Oklahoma for all they are worth, but they have no interest in Okie State.

Beebe is a tard, but if the Texas schools really are the shite like they imagine themselves to be, why can't they remain in the Big 12 conference, make their TV and other endorsement deals, and control their own destiny? It also appears that A&M is being courted by the SEC, and I don't think their head is so far up UT's behind that they won't do what they think is the right move for them.

I guess time will tell.

Looks like UT told the Pac 10 to shove it so hopefully the Big Twelve will survive. Hope they can find two good schools to replace the two that left. I don't like UT at all but I have to give them credit. They have a huge following and can pretty much name their price. # 1 revenue producing football program in the country last year. Looks like they gave the Pac 10 the cost and the Pac 10 crawfished. Would love to see Univ. of Houston and TCU in the Big 12. Both should compete well in all sports as TCU proved last week putting a whooping on the Horns in baseball.

adding those two would move the okie schools to the north?? that would be interesting! but the big red baby is gone, so lets get on with life after the cornholers

Latest posts