• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

big changes a brewing

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
well, the papers are signed, we sold our home 1/4. we kept the homestead and 15 acres, and sold off all the irrigated land. it was set up very well for rotational grazing. and the other pastures we rent are not fenced very well, so we have been haying them...so we have decided to sell of the cows too....

last year was a rough rocky road for the Mrs and I. we were hit in the face with a 2x4 and life had us at rock bottom. but we found God, found each other again, and are rebuilding.... I am taking the steps to become a minister, and we are looking at selling out completely, or scaling back a LOT....

this next year will be a huge change for us. the biggest, we no longer make plans, we let God show us the direction He wants us to go, and we follow along..... one thing we feel very strongly about, God seems to be pushing us to build a marriage ministry ... we think a country retreat, where we can help couples before they get to the point we were at. Going to be a wild exciting ride !

Congratulations, jigs, to you and your wife on having the courage to go where you feel you are being led.
Believe it or not, there is life after cows. :D :?
May God continue to bless you and keep you. Sounds like everything is on track for you.
Keep us posted as to how everything goes. We care!

Jiggsy, I'm guessing if you look back in 5 years, you'll see you caught the high in the market. Serve God and love your wife - nothing else much matters. This truth is so obvious yet we all need reminded.

You are very much on the right track, jigs. God has put you where you are now, and He will continue to nudge you in the right direction. Be at peace knowing you are doing what is best for you, your family, and friends.

Let me guess....the Men in Black visited again and you decided to pull up and get religion!!!!!

Does this mean you're not gonna be asking me all those " naughty" questions anymore?????

<<giggle snort>>

Jiggs, congratulations! And sorry you had to go through 'hell' to find your way to where you are and where you want to go. It seems puzzling as to why some have such a hard time and others have much easier paths to where they need to be in life.

We have had quite a few pastors over the almost 58 years we have been involved in our rural town Lutheran church, one of three denominations within a ten mile or so area. All are solid, good congregations, but it can be hard to keep a minister in such small town (less than 100), sparsely populated rural communities. We have had a very few with real rural backgrounds, let alone with agriculture experience. We got a new one a few months ago, and it seems a great 'fit' for the congregation. He was born and spent a few years on a family ranch, and chose ministry as his calling in life. Having lived mostly in large communities, he and his wife truly love the rural area, and even the long driving distances between our four churches in this parish (well over 100 miles). The 'happy wife-happy life' thing goes double for congregations and their ministers, imo!

I believe you will have great potential as a pastor at least in part due to your troubles overcome, and the strengths gained from the often very difficult times farmer/rancher types go through trying to keep family life and the great pressures on time and money seemingly inherent in that career. Whether you feel called to an inner city with the hurting people there, or to a rural setting, where the 'hurt' often is hidden by 'putting a good face on it', you have gained much from your 'previous life' that will help you to help others, I'm sure. I didn't apply myself enough in highschool English classes, but believe whether it is real, or just in my mind, that there is a strong connection between "pasture" and "pastor"......(leading his sheep, you know!)

I hope you can/will take us along 'for the ride' toward your goals. We could even act as a 'cheering squad' for you.

mrj

thank you for all the kind words... even you Kola.... although, I had to throw out your home made dirty movies, I still enjoy your banter here...

Glad you are happy jigs. Good luck. I gonna have to get down that way to see this mount you mentioned. A friend has one of an old bull that has greatly influenced this herd that I would love to have. Thanks jigs!

I wish I still had that message Red Robin !!!

Ace, that hide and head are pretty neat, gets a lot of comments!

Latest posts