• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

big fat lie

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I saw Gary Taubes do an hour presentation on his book. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. What an eye-opener that was. I have the book, but you have to be dedicated to read the whole thing.

If what Taubes says is true, then our entire beef industry has suffered a bad rap for a very long time. Just think what beef demand would be had we not been subjected to this bad science for all of these years. Consumers might well have had the opinion that beef in the diet is actualy a good thing. :roll: Seems the beef business always gets sucker-punched and hardly ever gets a leg up. Just goes to show the intestinal fortitude of ranchers north and south.

HP

High Plains said:
I saw Gary Taubes do an hour presentation on his book. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. What an eye-opener that was. I have the book, but you have to be dedicated to read the whole thing.

If what Taubes says is true, then our entire beef industry has suffered a bad rap for a very long time. Just think what beef demand would be had we not been subjected to this bad science for all of these years. Consumers might well have had the opinion that beef in the diet is actualy a good thing. :roll: Seems the beef business always gets sucker-punched and hardly ever gets a leg up. Just goes to show the intestinal fortitude of ranchers north and south.

HP
Producers have been let down by beef industry leadership for a very long time because they have not stood up for the truth. Quality ground beef is one of the most health beneficial foods consumers can eat!

Soapweed said:
Thanks, RobertMac. That was a very good article.
Don't thank me, thank Alan Newport and his editors for daring to publish this. Here is a link to articles from the same issue.

http://magissues.farmprogress.com/MDS/MS10Oct09/MS36to48.html

In my opinion, "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes is the most important book every written on health and nutrition...because health is totally dependent on nutrition. As cattlemen, we should all know this. Taubes' book explains how our bodies respond to different nutritional inputs and suggest how different diets effect our health. If you are interested in being healthy and concerned about the health of your family, buy and read this book. As cattlemen, when you finish the book, you should be really mad.

Thanks again, RobertMac.....for your efforts in trying to educate beef producers.

For all of you who are either.....

1. Too cheap to buy Gary Taubes's book or

2. Don't want to tackle all the details in GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES....

Here is a website where you can just watch an entertaining movie and learn the important aspects of nutrition and health....AND.....if you are still too cheap to spend $15 to learn the most important aspect of beef production.....then you probably get out of the industry.

http://www.fathead-movie.com

graybull said:
.....if you are still too cheap to spend $15 to learn the most important aspect of beef production.....then you probably get out of the industry.

Gee whiz, Graybull, settle down now. You're goin' a bit crazy this morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Get Out of the Industry Sucker!!" Ha! Too funny! 8)

Latest posts