• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big Muddy! Help!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
I remember you talking about a protein mixture you had concocted this past winter. Couldn't find it in the archives.

Could you list the ingredients and weights of each? I have some heifers on some old grass and noticed their manure piles were kind of hard. I will be mixing the Vigortone 35S with it for mineral but need salt and cottonseed meal weights. And anything else you mixed with it.

I just need a few hundred lbs. to help move this grass through them a little better. I would order the Vigortone but don't need a full order just yet.

Thanks

Mike I don't have the ponds but just the percentages.

22% protien
11.7% sodium which is about 25% salt
and mineral.

If you took your number if hd and used the right amount of mineral added 1 pound on cootonseed meal /hd/day and brought your salt up to 25% or there abouts to control consumption you should be close. It will depend on how salt hungry your cattle are. I was up to about 30% salt last winter.

Hope this helps. I will look around to see if i can find more of my notes on what I worked out.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Mike I don't have the ponds but just the percentages.

22% protien
11.7% sodium which is about 25% salt
and mineral.

If you took your number if hd and used the right amount of mineral added 1 pound on cootonseed meal /hd/day and brought your salt up to 25% or there abouts to control consumption you should be close. It will depend on how salt hungry your cattle are. I was up to about 30% salt last winter.

Hope this helps. I will look around to see if i can find more of my notes on what I worked out.

Thanks

Latest posts