• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big Muddy- Stock the Whiskey Cabinet

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

At least now they're saying the wind won't be as bad- only 10- 20 mph so we may not get drifted in too bad-- but its better to be safe than sorry :wink:

That rain we got on Tuesday really did wonders for filling reservoirs...Most areas got 1/2 inch or more--Apparently on that frozen ground most ran off- all the coulees and creeks ran- and any snow left in the draws is full of water and now ice...Have several cows limping around- ice is sure tough on them....

----------------------------

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 11 PM MST
SATURDAY..

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GLASGOW HAS ISSUED A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 11 PM MST
SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

SNOW WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE AREA SATURDAY MORNING. TOTAL SNOW
ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES ARE EXPECTED...WITH LOCALLY AS MUCH
AS 6 INCHES ACROSS NORTHERN VALLEY COUNTY. THE SNOW WILL TAPER
OFF BY LATE SATURDAY EVENING. THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE
PRECIPITATION MAY FALL IN THE FORM OF FREEZING RAIN IN SPOTS
SATURDAY MORNING...ESPECIALLY ACROSS SOUTHERN VALLEY COUNTY.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR
FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR
SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE
DRIVING.

Maybe this snow will pack over this ice so we can walk safely again. really have to watch when walking or driving cause either you can get going or can't get stopped.

If we could have the snow now, with no wind, I would gladly take it. I don't want it all in April when most of our cows are calving. We had ice terribly bad in early Jan, but the ground is just dry on top now, with slick spots if the sod peels off. The water would be wonderful in our dams that are all about dry.

we are currently in a "winter storm warning" until 5pm tomorrow night and they are saying that snow will accumulate as much as 7" in the valleys which mean that the mountains will get dumped on....danged it all, i thought spring was here! :roll:

ranchwife said:
we are currently in a "winter storm warning" until 5pm tomorrow night and they are saying that snow will accumulate as much as 7" in the valleys which mean that the mountains will get dumped on....danged it all, i thought spring was here! :roll:

(in his best singing voice) when it's springtime in the rockies, it's forty below

MsSage said:
OT where do you get your reports? They are really good.

MsSage-- I get them off the government website...They should be right for here, because we have a multimillion dollar weather station and new doppler radar here - along with about 20+ employees......

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

I give them weatherboys a bad time- but have to admit it is 10 times better than 20-30 years ago when we had lots of people stuck or freezing to death in unpredicted blizzards or storms........

I've been using this site for a couple of years now and they've always hit it real close. There is also a site that predicts how much moisture you will get and it's been real good on the short range, but it might start out showin' we are going to get a good shot in about 4 or 5 days, and as time goes along, they have to keep dropping it. Dang, I wish they'd quit gettin' my hopes up like that! :cry: But it is accurate, when they say we ain't going to get much. :wink:

Latest posts