• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big oil companies lie?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Who would have thought such a thing! No wonder the Republicans refused to have them sworn at their testimony last week. Another tidbit for the campaign trail next year. :) Link below; my emphasis.

"A White House document shows that executives from big oil companies met with Vice President Cheney's energy task force in 2001 -- something long suspected by environmentalists but denied as recently as last week by industry officials testifying before Congress.

The document, obtained this week by The Washington Post, shows that officials from Exxon Mobil Corp., Conoco (before its merger with Phillips), Shell Oil Co. and BP America Inc. met in the White House complex with the Cheney aides who were developing a national energy policy, parts of which became law and parts of which are still being debated.

In a joint hearing last week of the Senate Energy and Commerce committees, the chief executives of Exxon Mobil Corp., Chevron Corp. and ConocoPhillips said their firms did not participate in the 2001 task force. The president of Shell Oil said his company did not participate "to my knowledge," and the chief of BP America Inc. said he did not know."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10045043/

The really sad part is, Let's see what happens to them. According to my understanding sworn in or not, lying during a Congressional hearing carries the same penalties sworn in or not sworn in. I bet those big oil tycoons still feel untouchable. Let's see if the administration wants to prosecute their buddies.

Liberals, they attack the oil companies for charging too much(Very possibly rightly so), yet they won't allow the supply to be increased. So we're told high gas prices are wrong, yet more drilling and new refineries aren't allowed either.

passin thru said:
Liberals, they attack the oil companies for charging too much(Very possibly rightly so), yet they won't allow the supply to be increased. So we're told high gas prices are wrong, yet more drilling and new refineries aren't allowed either.

Tell me what a new refinery has to do with the price of oil? I don't object to new drilling or new refineries. I think it's funny that you and others have been blaming environmentalist for not drilling in ANWAR and now your own party, Republicans, have spit in your face! :D I do object to the price gouging being done to the American people by big oil companies while the Republican-led government gives them tax breaks and tells the people on the Gulf Coast that they can't afford to help them rebuild their economies, cut Medicaid, student loans, and probably ag subsidies. You want to support that, go ahead. We'll see what the American people have to say about it next November.

SUPPLY!!!!! We're in a country that is literally dripping with the stuff!!!! Haul some of that to the refineries.... Let some of the oil from Iraq help pay off some of the debt we've run up while in their country.....won't fix it but will be help.

I mean since they didn't greet us with " flowers" as Cheney....take the oil!!
Why not??

Disagreeable said:
I don't object to new drilling or new refineries.
:clap: Dis/08! Dis/08! Dis/08!

Disagreeable said:
....the Republican-led government...tells the people on the Gulf Coast that they can't afford to help them rebuild their economies, cut Medicaid, student loans........
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts