• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big Swede

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yes Richard, their due date is the 20th but I got my first one on the 3rd. There are 7 on the ground now. Sure am glad we're gettting a little moisture today, the top 1/10" of ground was getting kind of dry. :roll:

I hope this weather clears out soon so we can melt some snow. We had close to 2 feet last weekend. How much did you get up north?

I may wait a few more days to AI this summer. Just as well wait till at least the middle of April to start on heifers, maybe miss these late snows, maybe.

Glad to hear you've joined the party :)

We've had over 3 feet of snow between the three storms within two weeks time. It has been absolutely miserable calving weather. Snowdrifts and slop. We did get enough sun early this week to start baring a little ground, but got 4 or 5 more inches today with a bitter southeast wind all day. By the looks of the pictures, the Canadians have a lot better calving weather.

We were just about melted off enough a couple weeks ago to think about fencing but now they are buried just as bad as they were last November. What a job we have ahead of us.

Big Swede said:
We were just about melted off enough a couple weeks ago to think about fencing but now they are buried just as bad as they were last November. What a job we have ahead of us.

Look at the bright side. At least you hadn't got the fence fixed before the next smashing snow arrived. Two messes for the price of one. :)

I suppose you have some fence to fix now too don't you Soap? You miss most of the fun last fall from the looks of your fences in your pictures all winter.

Big Swede said:
I suppose you have some fence to fix now too don't you Soap? You miss most of the fun last fall from the looks of your fences in your pictures all winter.

Our fences have really crashed during this last heavy, drifted snow. It's going to be quite a project getting things shipshape again. One stape, one broken wire, and one broken post at a time--someday it will be right again. :? :)

Soapweed said:
Big Swede said:

Our fences have really crashed during this last heavy, drifted snow. It's going to be quite a project getting things shipshape again. One stape, one broken wire, and one broken post at a time--someday it will be right again. :? :)

The way it's thawing we will have some fence under drifts until sometime in May. The odd place could be June, The snow we have is hard drifted snow that has been settling all winter. Of course most of it is hand work as it is on steep side hills and down in the bottom of coulees. :mad: :)

Soapweed said:
Big Swede said:

At least it'll be soft to set posts :D. I'm thinking about replacing a bunch of bad braces while the diggin' is good, especially in places where I need to do them by hand... I'm just waiting for the tie pile to melt off :).

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:
Big Swede said:

The way it's thawing we will have some fence under drifts until sometime in May. The odd place could be June, The snow we have is hard drifted snow that has been settling all winter. Of course most of it is hand work as it is on steep side hills and down in the bottom of coulees. :mad: :)

You had better start advertising and selling tickets to the Big Muddy Glaciers to tourists for this summer.

Latest posts