• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big weather change coming--

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
we have a light mist most of the day. Have about a inch and a tenth in the guage and it sure is soaking in nice. :D Softened up the ground real good.

I talked to a friend in Opheim and they said they have 2 1/4 inches and its still raining...But I think that Opheim- Wood Mountain area and west right along the border are having a Monsoon type year... They have been getting almost every rain ...
Should be a lot of hay available up there just north of the border this year- as I know they had quite a bit left over from last year... A fella just north of the border south of Mankota had year old hay for sale for $30 Ton a few weeks ago...

We just got back to the ranch and there was 1.1 in the rain gauge from Friday noon to today. That makes us have about 1.5 for the week.

I'm happy for all that needed moisture and received some. Hopefully, there will be
more to come. We have 50% chance on Wednesday.

YIPPEE!!!!!

leanin' H said:
Nada! Ziltch! Zero! :?

We're in a tie H :? . This is drier than 2002, unbelievable. I'm glad others are getting some though, maybe there will be hay for sale...or at least a decent market for bred cows.

Quite a change from last year here. May in 2011 brought 8 inches of rain and nearly 2 feet of wet snow in total.

This May has had 4 sprinkles that barely settled the dust. We could use a soaker.

Had a pretty strong storm go blowing through us this afternoon. Lighting thunder hail and heavy rain.
I was at work when it hit. Sounded like a whoosh when it hit. Just flat out weird.

Latest posts