• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Black Friday Fotos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
We moved some cows from one side of their pasture to another. I took some pictures of our late morning, yesterday.

comingin1.jpg

Coming in...

comingin2.jpg

Getting closer

comingin3.jpg

Starting to string along...

stringingout.jpg

Stringing out...

onthemoove.jpg

On the moove...

cantcross1.jpg

Heck no we won't go...

cantcross2.jpg

I'll go, if you go

cantcross3.jpg

Red Rover, Red Rover, send the Red Cow Over...

thecarrot.jpg

The carrot...

letsgo.jpg

The tempt'hay'tion was just too much...

inthebottom.jpg

Over the creek...

finallygoing.jpg

And through the woods, to Black Friday!

movingcows1.jpg

Have we been framed?

hidingbehindthetree.jpg

Hide & Seek...

upclose.jpg

Here we are...

youngcow.jpg

Young cow...

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

When I saw the title "Black Friday" I was expecting to see crowds of people. Thank goodness the only crowds you showed were cows. I would much rather be surrounded by cows than people no matter what day it is.

Nice looking cattle, Turkey Track Bar. Reds are coming home to rule. :wink:

Big Swede said:
When I saw the title "Black Friday" I was expecting to see crowds of people. Thank goodness the only crowds you showed were cows. I would much rather be surrounded by cows than people no matter what day it is.

I concur. Why do people stand in line for hours, sometimes days, to go shopping? Haven't they heard the old adage, "buy when everyone is selling and sell when everyone is buying"? :? A real good time to shop at a 24-hour Walmart is early in the morning on the 5th of July. :wink: There are more workers in the store than there are shoppers. :)

Cows in good shape still on grass will help keep you in the black. I enjoyed the photo essay.

Big Muddy rancher said:
I didn't see one horse :( :wink:

No...no ponies on Friday. We thought the cows would just follow the pickup, but they didn't really want to go down that draw. These are some of our registered cows, and they have never wintered over there; so I guess they didn't really know what was going on.

Anyway, long story short, it would have probably been quicker to take the ponies...and more fun too!

Next time, hopefully.

Cheers---

Justin said:
i see a couple blacks in there. herd markers? :wink:

Yup... :wink:

They are the black headed step children of the American Angus Assn.--red gene carriers. We enjoy having them...and we've had them so long their pedigrees for as far as you can see, are Red Angus genetics.

Cheers---

The cows sure look fleshy! Congrats on a fine summer. You have some interesting topography and lots of feed on your place. You have already corrected yourself on the horses but i'll just add this...... Life's to dang short to move cows without horses! :wink:

Looks good. It is nice to see the brown grass instead of the white snow, which we could be seeing this time of year.

Latest posts