• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Black Walnuts....want'em????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score
Just turned the cow-gals into their maternity lot9 calving starts this wk) and the black walnut tree in there over did itself this year. I can't stand the blasted things and I slip on them every time I go around that fence corner. There are other trees but didn't go down to them and I'm sure they covered the ground also.

Anyone who wants some.....PM me. First come---first serve. The husk is off most of them so all you have to do is shell them and pick out the nut. They are fine as I cracked a few just to ck and they are good.

I'm not sure how many are down but it's plenty to do anyone.

You pay postage....you got walnuts!

nr

Reaction score
From my childhood one of the most aromatic events was opening
a tin of my Grandma Ernst's black walnut cookies made primarily with eggwhites and sugar. What an aroma! Best when aged a month.

kolanuraven

Reaction score
Mine was having to sit for HOURS and HOURS having to bust up the things and pick out the " goodie" as it is called here. When I complained I was told that is what kids are for.....shelling peas, pecans, walnuts, gathering eggs and milking the cow!!!

Now that I know better......me thinks CHILD LABOR!!!! :D :D :D :D

nr

Reaction score
Looks like the child labor didn't hurt you one bit-
an' you wear those cool sunglasses besides :D

(Thanks for posting the anysoldier.com site again. I'd planned to do
something but it got pushed way back to the back burner.)

Latest posts