• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Blame the lawyers?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
I'm venting here, so ya'll have to suffer with me.

I'm on my own this winter. Hubby is on the road and as a matter of fact is in Red Robin's neck of the woods right now.

So, hubby is gone...I now have 2 trucks that will not start and one tractor that is addicted to ether but will start with some sweet loving words. The cows were in the corn this morning and I missed a dandy of a buck for being stupid. It just gets better. Hot water tank when boom. Rusted out at the bottom and actually went boom from the pressure. Laundry room floor is ruined. Press board is soaked and heaved up from being frozen as well.

Needed propane to heat the house...been out for nearly a week and the ohio weather was getting to me and I wanted to be warm for a change.
Took the 100lb tank to the local carryout. They filled it no problem. Now, full this thing weighs 170lbs. I muscled it 50ft back to the truck and went in to pay.

In all honesty I was sure I could load the thing onto the flatbed. I was wrong. I could get it picked up to my knees but couldn't turn it and put it chest high on the truck.

There was 3 men in the store, one turned out to be the owner.
Now, anyone that has met me knows I can't pull off the damsel in distress thing very well. But I went in and asked for help anyhow. The owner was nasty with me and said he would not touch the tank. He said that if I brought that 100lb tank in here I should have made arrangements to get it loaded alone. He was pretty short and nasty with his answer. Then the other 2 fellers that were in there started out to help me. The owner told them that this is private property and he will not be liable if something happens while someone other than me loads the tank. He told them that they will get sued if they help me.

I followed up with a few "un-lady like" words and walked out. I was mad by then and ended up using my ratchet strap to winch it up off the ground about a foot then I could get it slid on the bed.

I asked the store owner what happened to chivalry and he said "Blame the Lawyers". :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is just another reason I try to do so much myself. I can't rely on anyone's help while hubby is on the road and I have figured out a way to get done what I can alone. Independent or bull headed...not sure which. Some days it would be easier to ship all the livestock. But then again...I can't get the truck started
:cry: :cry: :roll:

Hang in there Cert. I think you should move out west...we're much more neighborly out here!!!

Latest posts