• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Blue Snake Encounter

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
IMG_5565.JPG

IMG_5560.JPG
IMG_5561.JPG

We have a solid colored snake. Most are green but I have seen other colors. Never one that blue although I have heard of them. They are Rubber Boa snakes. Pretty slow, shy, and harmless.

We have a solid colored snake. Most are green but I have seen other colors. Never one that blue although I have heard of them. They are Rubber Boa snakes. Pretty slow, shy, and harmless.
It isn't a snake just blue baling twine. It did get my attention, however. Those Boas are harmless but sure are ugly! I have never heard of a blue snake in Oregon, but one never knows. We have a lot of the little green garden snakes.

It isn't a snake just blue baling twine. It did get my attention, however. Those Boas are harmless but sure are ugly! I have never heard of a blue snake in Oregon, but one never knows. We have a lot of the little green garden snakes.
So it wasn't a snake, after all? Girl, you had me convinced!!
I've never seen blue baling twine, or a blue snake either!

So it wasn't a snake, after all? Girl, you had me convinced!!
I've never seen blue baling twine, or a blue snake either!
Hay growers here use a different color twine for each cutting so buyers can tell what cutting a bale is from. Orange, yellow, blue, green, and red are common.

Last edited:
I have seen three different colors on the same bale. I think they use what ever they have. There is a lot of blue twine used here.

Latest posts