• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bluetongue restrictions lifted?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when the restrictions on Blue tongue will be lifted?
Or if they will at all. I have a semen shipment pending and don't have enough without a titer? of BT.

It probably depends on March 7th, whether you can ship that semen Mike. If the border doesn't open, I'm sure we have enough semen here in Canada to fill your customers needs. Don't take that the wrong way, it's not meant the way it sounds.

Murgen said:
It probably depends on March 7th, whether you can ship that semen Mike. If the border doesn't open, I'm sure we have enough semen here in Canada to fill your customers needs. Don't take that the wrong way, it's not meant the way it sounds.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: sure about that, murgen??!! :D

sorry, simply could not resist!!
kris

OMG Rcalfer, are you really that illiterate?

Even I picked up that the question was about Canada lifting the Blue tounge ban, because "mike" has a shipment of semen to COME to Canada. :roll:

<i am stupid> <----here is your sign

I have concerns with the import of semen that shows positive for BT and if it was me purchasing it, I would require a BT free test. But thats just me, and how i will handle any purchases of genetics from the USA.

SMS said:
OMG Rcalfer, are you really that illiterate?

Even I picked up that the question was about Canada lifting the Blue tounge ban, because "mike" has a shipment of semen to COME to Canada. :roll:

<i am stupid> <----here is your sign

I have concerns with the import of semen that shows positive for BT and if it was me purchasing it, I would require a BT free test. But thats just me, and how i will handle any purchases of genetics from the USA.

The bull I mentioned does not have Blue Tongue. He showed a small amount of anti-body (titer), last year, which means he was exposed at some point. In fact, the titer was so low it was like a vaccination for BT.
By taking him to a low-risk state for 90 days then collecting him the semen could be shipped to Canada now but I do not have time to do that.
They are requesting shipment now.

Latest posts