• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bonsai...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

How do they do going up hills with weight on? Like hauling salt? We've wondered about them too.

Nicky said:
How do they do going up hills with weight on? Like hauling salt? We've wondered about them too.

So far with not the greatest tires it goes like stink on a skunk. I have not fully loaded it yet, but think it will easily do 1000#.

RSL said:
The fellow we got this from said he puts 13" snow tires on year round. It will go more places than his quad in the snow.
I know I tested it the other day in mud with crappy tires and it will definitely outgo anywhere the F250 will make it.
Some guys put tracks on them, or lift kits and quad tires.
The weight seems really well balanced as the motor is low and in the centre of the frame.

I know that my Tracker will go through more snow than any quad until the snow get's drifted and hard, then the quad's can go over top. but who wants to be on a quad when it's that cold and windy. the only limiting factor with the small truck's and suv's is ground clearance, i'm amazed at how far they will go in 2 wheel drive.

hayguy said:
RSL, does the mini-truck go slow enough in low low to get out and cut square bales off the back?
It is very slow and controlled in 4 lo and 1st gear. I hope I never have to find out about the square bale part of that question. :lol:

hayguy said:
RSL said:
The fellow we got this from said he puts 13" snow tires on year round. It will go more places than his quad in the snow.
I know I tested it the other day in mud with crappy tires and it will definitely outgo anywhere the F250 will make it.
Some guys put tracks on them, or lift kits and quad tires.
The weight seems really well balanced as the motor is low and in the centre of the frame.

I know that my Tracker will go through more snow than any quad until the snow get's drifted and hard, then the quad's can go over top. but who wants to be on a quad when it's that cold and windy. the only limiting factor with the small truck's and suv's is ground clearance, i'm amazed at how far they will go in 2 wheel drive.

We have a set of tracks that fit our 2008 Polaris Ranger. They were on it when the machine was purchased, but haven't had them on since. It would go sailing over the snow with the tracks in place.

Latest posts