• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Border Patrol needs relief from environmental laws

Help Support Ranchers.net:

FH-- did you know that there are many conservatives on the northern border that are opposing this because they don't want BP given free rein to run all around in their pastures and fields.... :???: Or allowed to use mechanized vehicles where they are banned to most anyone else...
Some thought it was bad enough when BLM hired a bunch of Rangers to patrol everything...
My personal thought was- how can government any longer call these areas primative/wilderness areas if they have BP Agents running around on what was old old homesteader roads- and are maintaining them for that reason.... :???:

I would think that driving on "protected land" to arrest illegals might even lead to a cleaner environment.

litter1.jpg

illegal-trash-in-los-angeles-america.jpg

11170422.jpg

A growing number of lawmakers are saying such restrictions have turned wilderness areas into highways for criminals. In recent weeks, three congressional panels, including two in the GOP-controlled House and one in the Democratic-controlled Senate, have moved to give the Border Patrol unfettered access to all federally managed lands within 100 miles of the border with Mexico.

Nearly 40 percent of the land on the U.S.-Mexico border and about a quarter of the land on the U.S.-Canadian border is public land, including Big Bend National Park in Texas and Glacier National Park in Montana. Driving is prohibited on those parts of the land that are designated wilderness areas.

The wilderness areas also have other restrictions on development. Border patrol agents, for example, must get permission from other federal agencies before maintaining roads and installing surveillance equipment. Federal auditors found it can take months to get that permission.

"What the Border Patrol says they really need down there is not necessarily more manpower or money," said Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah, whose bill easing the restrictions passed the House Natural Resources Committee along party lines. "They need more east-west access on those public lands."

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., sponsored an amendment that requires the Agriculture and Interior departments to give Border Patrol personnel immediate access to federal lands on the southern border for security activities, including for routine motorized patrols. The amendment passed a Senate committee with the support of five Democrats and eight Republicans.

McCain told colleagues that up to 100 people sit on mountaintops near the border serving as lookouts for smugglers, suggesting that improved law enforcement access on those mountains would deter the lookouts.

"What he says is absolutely true," said Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, who visited Arizona with McCain. "For the life of me, I can't understand the hesitancy on the part of Interior or Agriculture to provide access to border security guards."

"What is so ironic is that the environmental degradation is not being done by the Border Patrol," Bishop said. "It's being done by the illegals who are coming across."

maybe we should fund a tread lightly program in Mexico?
sarcasm.gif

hypocritexposer said:
I would think that driving on "protected land" to arrest illegals might even lead to a cleaner environment.

litter1.jpg

illegal-trash-in-los-angeles-america.jpg

11170422.jpg

None of that up here.... Another thing where whats good for Arizona, Texas or even New Joisey-- isn't what is needed up here....

Personally I have no problem with the whole thing-- because the BP/Immigration/local governments/BLM/Canadian Agencies have worked together for years-- but again its a situation where they are trying to make a national issue out of something that could easily be solved by kicking a couple of power hungry area/regional supervisors in the arse and telling them to get er done....
But I suppose we'll have to pass another law- and add another two inch lawbook to the tons of federal laws on the books...

But as I said earlier- neither party for the past 40 years has really wanted to- or put an effort forward when they were in power- to end illegal immigration....

Those pictures were taken not to far from me, It has gotten bad enough that several of us go at a time to ride fence and check livestock.
Have found calves killed and cuts of meat taken and cooked right there. piles of human waste everyplace. and oldtimer thinks that getting a couple of administrators off their butts can solve the problem???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oldtimer said:
None of that up here.... Another thing where whats good for Arizona, Texas or even New Joisey-- isn't what is needed up here....

Personally I have no problem with the whole thing-- because the BP/Immigration/local governments/BLM/Canadian Agencies have worked together for years-- but again its a situation where they are trying to make a national issue out of something that could easily be solved by kicking a couple of power hungry area/regional supervisors in the arse and telling them to get er done....
But I suppose we'll have to pass another law- and add another two inch lawbook to the tons of federal laws on the books...

But as I said earlier- neither party for the past 40 years has really wanted to- or put an effort forward when they were in power- to end illegal immigration....

any sane competent person would know that with the out of control pC lawsuits that any law targeting a local problem would be overturned, so the federal law has to be legal and national..

so even if the law is better suited for Arizona, it must be applicable in Montana and New Jersey..

and besides you make yourself look really stupid with the fake attempt at coping Kola's failed tactic of making fun of where I live..

Steve said:
Oldtimer said:

any sane competent person would know that with the out of control pC lawsuits that any law targeting a local problem would be overturned, so the federal law has to be legal and national..

so even if the law is better suited for Arizona, it must be applicable in Montana and New Jersey..

and besides you make yourself look really stupid with the fake attempt at coping Kola's failed tactic of making fun of where I live..

that is all he can do to try and make himself look good Steve :roll: :roll:
Not sure which of them is the worst

My vote is to put Tam on the border.....anyone who is caught crossing has to listen to her for 1 hour.

They'll run back home..............................

jingo2 said:
My vote is to put Tam on the border.....anyone who is caught crossing has to listen to her for 1 hour.

They'll run back home..............................

at this point , anything would be more effective then what Obama is doing.... :roll: :? :roll: :roll:

Latest posts