• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bowring Ranch second Cowboy Poet and Country Music Jamboree

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
A good time was had by all, topped off with a nice carry-in potluck supper.

KenCook.jpg

MartyBlocker.jpg

KenMoreland.jpg

DaveSell.jpg

TheMCConnieKaltenbach.jpg

JulieKaltenbackJeanandBillHines.jpg

TeriandBillyGibbons.jpg

Musicians.jpg

Moremusicians.jpg

Foodline.jpg

P.S. sw, several people commented that they really liked your poem. One lady requested a copy of it. I think you have a real winner with that one. There were several young people there, and I hope it had an impact on them.

Soapweed,
I too hope those young folks will take that poem to heart. I'm doing the wedding ceremony for a couple of them in Sept. Maybe I could just read them that poem in place of the usual pre-marriage counseling sessions.
Sure appreciated your piano playing also!!! :D :D

Soapweed the pics came out a little dark and I thought that the first four were all Saddletramp with wardrobe changes but i could tell that in the fifth pic that the hair on top was to long and to short on the top lip. :cowboy:

looks like a good time was had by all. Saturday night i was back close to your relatives stomping groung. This time Scout Lake, had a good story teller and poet then a real nice dance band played. Not a big crowd but so much going on these days and not enough people to go to everthing.SSGA zone 3-12 meeting supper and dance.

ET Doc, you and your wife sure sing beautiful harmony together, and you do a great job playing the guitar. I wondered at first why you were singing so softly :wink: , but then it was discovered that your microphone wasn't working and your wife's was. On the second try things worked, and the two of you truly make wonderful music together.

It was just a fun afternoon. No entry fees, no prize money, no pressure, but just a good time had by all. And there was lots of pleasant visiting with friends and neighbors. Let's do it again next year.

Sounds like you all had a really good time. glad they liked the poem When we were sitting at the wedding reception Hanta Yo said "you should write them a poem" and me being the obeying member of this team did as I was told. :wink: In the two hours that it took to drive home that night just to keep me awake I thought about it all the way home. Here is the picture of my great uncle and his team that I put the poem on

StubandRed2withBuckytheDog1940.jpg

That was taken in 1940 near Gibbonsville ID. My mom has been working with the museum scanning and sorting all of these old pictures for people and putting them in the museum to share with everyone

That is a nifty picture from the past. It shows another example of the winning of the West. Lots of hard work and horsepower got this country to where it is today.

What a picture, sw! Will you be able to post more of the old ones after your mom is finished scanning? The old pictures are especially interesting.

We just looked at some old ones taken at the shore- relatives in knit woolen swimsuits half-way down their thighs. Makes you wonder how anyone could actually swim in them :shock:

Just got the poem on the picture hot off the press. They are AWESOME!! I convinced sw to copywrite his poem, so he did. It's in the process of being copywrited anyway....

Latest posts