• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Brand new recipe

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife said:
unfortunately, caffeine is the only way to get through a 12-13 hour day at the hospital when you are going on only 2-3 hours of sleep!!! Had a hellacious (?spelling :? ) day today and caffeine was my FRIEND :wink:

Nurses deserve every penny they earn but when will admin realize those 12 hr days aren't healthy for ANYBODY involved or any institution?

nr said:
ranchwife said:
unfortunately, caffeine is the only way to get through a 12-13 hour day at the hospital when you are going on only 2-3 hours of sleep!!! Had a hellacious (?spelling :? ) day today and caffeine was my FRIEND :wink:

Nurses deserve every penny they earn but when will admin realize those 12 hr days aren't healthy for ANYBODY involved or any institution?

good morning, nr....when i worked at the state prison in wyoming, they worked us nurses 13 1/2 hour days so that we could get "our full 40 hours in and therefore get the wonderful benefits" :? .....then i had the joy of driving the 50 miles home!!

ranchwife said:
nr said:
ranchwife said:

good morning, nr....when i worked at the state prison in wyoming, they worked us nurses 13 1/2 hour days so that we could get "our full 40 hours in and therefore get the wonderful benefits" :? .....then i had the joy of driving the 50 miles home!!

You SuperWoman! I'd be dead in my tracks running running running that daily "marathon". If I had to do the shift-work part of my career over again....I wouldn't. :wink:

ranchwife said:
Jeannie said:
ranchwife said:
have ya tried the diet wild cherry pepsi???mmmmmmmmmmmm :D Can't tell I'm a caffeine junky, can ya??? :wink:

I don't think I've even seen that one. I know Pepsi has a wild cherry flavor, but I was unaware that Diet Pepsi did too.

Caffeine junky?!?! You?!?!?! Who'd a thunk it? :wink: :)

Been there, done that...only not in a hospital. I'm a big believer in whatever gets the job done! I'm really sorry to hear you had a rotten day today. Something that works really well for me after 'those' kinds of days is to run a bath (bubbles optional), light as many candles as you deem necessary (aromatherapy candles work very well for this endeavor :wink: ), find something to keep hubby and kids occupied (if this is not possible, threaten them with their lives), lock the door, turn off the lights, and climb in (preferably with a bath pillow)! Works wonders!

PS Peeling fresh oranges, eating them, and floatiing the peels in the warm water adds a whole new angle!

How do you girls make the boxes enclosed with the previous messages? I have not been smart enough to figure it out. Thanks a bunch. Sounds like some great recipes that I will have to try.
Regards

carole3218 said:
How do you girls make the boxes enclosed with the previous messages? I have not been smart enough to figure it out. Thanks a bunch. Sounds like some great recipes that I will have to try.
Regards

If you look up at the top right corner, you will see a button that says 'quote'. Click on that and it copies the post and takes to a reply box.

Now Highht Lite this and ->quote - - and so on

OldDog/NewTricks said:
High light ->Then click quote give this
carole3218 said:
Regards

SEE - Old Dogs can learn New Tricks or as V¬ says - "He's become a GEEK at 67 :!:" :roll:

OldDog/NewTricks said:

OldDog/NewTricks said:
carole3218 said:
Regards

OldDog/NewTricks said:
SEE - Old Dogs can learn New Tricks or as V¬ says - "He's become a GEEK at 67 :!:" :roll:

OldDog/NewTricks said:

OldDog/NewTricks said:

I don't have to highlight the post, I just have to click the quote button. Hmmmmm.

ranchwife said:
nr said:
ranchwife said:

Im just finishing with schooling and was thinking about working the 12 hour shifts, if they are available to me. Im glad there are other nurses out here. Going from being married 20 years to a farmer/rancher to being on my own. Its a big change. How did you get through boards????? with out being so nervous and where did you start out as when you just passed boards????

moon shadow said:
ranchwife said:
nr said:

Im just finishing with schooling and was thinking about working the 12 hour shifts, if they are available to me. Im glad there are other nurses out here. Going from being married 20 years to a farmer/rancher to being on my own. Its a big change. How did you get through boards????? with out being so nervous and where did you start out as when you just passed boards????

welcome aboard, moon shadow!!! passed my boards in 1994 and my first job was in a small 9 bed hospital, which just so happens to be where i am working right now!! i have also worked in a "big city" ( if you call bozeman a big city), two state prisons and a few nursing homes!! yes, i was sooo very nervous taking my state boards, but when i got in the room and sat at the computer, it was amazing how everything i had learned came back to me!! Actually, i prefer to work the 12 hour shifts compared to 8 hours because you work 3 days and then you are off for 4 compared to only being off for 2!! Much better for my family time, too!! :wink:

ranchwife said:
moon shadow said:
ranchwife said:

welcome aboard, moon shadow!!! passed my boards in 1994 and my first job was in a small 9 bed hospital, which just so happens to be where i am working right now!! i have also worked in a "big city" ( if you call bozeman a big city), two state prisons and a few nursing homes!! yes, i was sooo very nervous taking my state boards, but when i got in the room and sat at the computer, it was amazing how everything i had learned came back to me!! Actually, i prefer to work the 12 hour shifts compared to 8 hours because you work 3 days and then you are off for 4 compared to only being off for 2!! Much better for my family time, too!! :wink:
Thanks for the welcome. I only drove by Bozeman, actually im by Rapid City now and came from NorthDakota small town cities ..so this big city stuff is hard to get use to. Been to Billings to buy show heifers at the NILE. but thats about all. Thats good to know I think I rather be in a small hospital you have more experiences rather then just one area. I give you credit being on a ranch and working I was always so busy to have a job and hit ya hard when you don't know really anything but horses, cattle, and field work...But one good thing animals dont talk back.... :p :lol:

Jeannie said:
ranchwife said:
Faster Horses---sounds mighty fine!! gonna try mine tomorrow with diet vanilla dr pepper....mmmmmmmmm......will keep you posted!!! :D

Diet Vanilla Dr. Pepper? :shock: :shock: Ewwwww!
Jeannie - you are right! Dr. Pepper is THE most gagging, horrible, sinus-clearing, eye-burning, stomach-lurching, urping, choking, sickening, malodorous, fetid, reeking hair raising "stuff" that was ever concocted for human consumption - - -except for Cucumbers! :shock: :mad: :p :evil: :roll: Whew :shock: :shock: :( :mad: Gag me with a manure fork! b-l-l-a-a-a-c-k-k-gh :stop: Gag - gasp - gasp - I - I'll be - okay - - - in a few - minutes! :shock: :shock:

DOC HARRIS said:
Jeannie said:
ranchwife said:
Faster Horses---sounds mighty fine!! gonna try mine tomorrow with diet vanilla dr pepper....mmmmmmmmm......will keep you posted!!! :D

Jeannie - you are right! Dr. Pepper is THE most gagging, horrible, sinus-clearing, eye-burning, stomach-lurching, urping, choking, sickening, malodorous, fetid, reeking hair raising "stuff" that was ever concocted for human consumption - - -except for Cucumbers! :shock: :mad: :p :evil: :roll: Whew :shock: :shock: :( :mad: Gag me with a manure fork! b-l-l-a-a-a-c-k-k-gh :stop: Gag - gasp - gasp - I - I'll be - okay - - - in a few - minutes! :shock: :shock:

Is it just me or do you have a flair for the overly dramatic? :)

Jeannie said:
DOC HARRIS said:
Jeannie said:

A - - a - a - I - don't - a - - don't think so - - - -however - -on second thought - -hmmmm - - N - a - a - a aa a, I don't really think so, but thank you for the compliment! :D

moon shadow said:
ranchwife said:
nr said:

I passed the boards after much anxious study in 1981 so they've probably changed since then. In hindsight I'd just review the weak areas (mine was pharmacology but passed it okay anyway). Went to work at a VA hosp. Rotating shifts were hard on the system! Later I tried some other jobs trying to find one that fit the family's schedule (social work-investigative nursing of reported abuse cases, taught anatomy, worked small ER, larger ER, visiting nursing and finally ended up in F/T chem. company occupational health which was easier on the back, well-needed by that time, no weekends, dayshift. But the OccHealth boards were far worse than the nursing boards! My job switches became a family joke,
but I have to say each one was an interesting exposure to a whole new set of problems/dangers.

My guess is you'll do far better than the "young ones" taking the boards. :D

DOC HARRIS said:
Jeannie said:
DOC HARRIS said:

A - - a - a - I - don't - a - - don't think so - - - -however - -on second thought - -hmmmm - - N - a - a - a aa a, I don't really think so, but thank you for the compliment! :D

:lol2: :lol2:

Jeannie said:
DOC HARRIS said:
Jeannie said:

Yeah, I almost called 9-11. :wink:

Latest posts