• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

branding day!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster;
Well I'll be danged. I made a mistake! Surely it must be my first one! :shock: :lol:

And I am sure that Saddletramp wouldn't be a "snubbing poet" tho' I have heard him do a little complaining, in private! :lol:

Hey, Hey, Hey,....... You guys just have to keep it up till you drag in an innocent third party don't you. :D
Helped a neighbor brand yesterday. Gathered some rough choppys in a souppy fog. Couldn't see nothing but the count came out right at the correls so we didn't miss any. Some fellers from the kansas flatlands sorta got their compass turned the wrong way a time or two but we had a good time. Good cowboys, Good horses and Good stories.

Heard a good nordfork branding story while I was there...... They were branding some where's with nordforks and a calf pulled the stake out of the ground. Went to windmilling through the fire and crew wearing the dang thing and by the time the riot was queuled, they had an injured calf, a lame horse and a cold cocked cowboy that caught the stake in his hat while he was wearing it.... Accidents happen no matter how we do it folks. It's a part of our life. Here's hoping we all have a safe branding season. :wink:

I haven't heard much input from the calf wrestling division yet. Where are you all????

every year I swear I'm gunna get a pair of catcher's shin guards cuzz we always come out with quite a few bruises... at least they are little enough you don't have to worry about gettin kicked in the personals....

Have to watch those little buggers. Best friend got kicked in the heart quite a few years ago, just about dropped him. Crushed his smokes, too!

Soapweed,
Your story convinced me to tell our finger story. My husband cut all the fingers off of his right hand in a little incident with a table saw about thirty years ago. The doctor got all of them reattached, except for his ring finger, which was too mangled to save. But save it he did…. in a jar of formaldehyde. Doc sent the amputated finger home with hubby and it has since made six trips to school for "show and tell" with our kids and now the grand kids are starting to display it for their classmates. After all these years, it looks pretty groady, but is still a big hit with the kindergarten kids!

When I was a little twirp, my mom had an uncle who was missing half of one finger on one hand. Not being too bright, I was mesmerized because he would hold both hands behind his back and then bring one forward. His hand would have half of one of the fingers missing. On the next trip out from behind his back, lo and behold, his hand would have all five full fingers. It took several times watching this slight of hand exhibition before I finally "fingered" it out. Duh. :???: :lol:

Latest posts