• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bred Heifer Sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

eatbeef

Reaction score
If anybody wants to watch a hot bred heifer sale tomorrow at 12 noon Huss Auction, Kearney, NE. I have heard rumors from the truckers that hauled the main consignors heifers that they are thinking they will get $2500 plus. They were offered $2200 straight thru on 500 head at the ranch and turned it down. Crazy to say the least.

We have 1 customer selling 50 bred heifers. (Shroeter Ranch) These are about as good of a set of Red Angus heifers you can make. He buys the same heifer calves from a couple of our customers every year, and every year they top the market. I am hoping I can have the computer on when they sell to see how they do.

Simmelinks topped out at 2875. Averaged 2575 or somewhere in there on 500, there was 19 opens that brought 1500. Today in Salina the market was a good 300 to 400 behind that and there cow sale a couple weeks ago. Some nice AI hiefers for under 1800. I had a friend get a nice load of 4 to 6 year olds for around 1600.

A friend of mine was at the Salina sale and he said the same thing. Most were $400 back from their last sale.

Well I thought they were crazy for turning down 2200 and someone come pick them up no commission on that many head. But I guess I was wrong. :shock:

Latest posts