• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

built a website for my pictures....just for fun(looking)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SteKat Ranch said:
R A Your a Photographer. I know one when I see one.

Well I appreciate it! Still looking into the stealing pictures thing. I'm moving my pictures to a blog, so I'll check how it works on there if I can.

I can't afford to keep uping the packages to be able have enough memory to keep all the pictures I've taken together.....so I am moving them to here....

www.raranch.blogspot.com

Heck it's free and so far is handling the amount of pictures I'm putting on it. If ya get bored, have a look. I'm starting to put pics on there that people haven't seen yet. I never thought in a million years I would ever blog....lol, but it is set up perfect for what I have been looking for. I am not writing much, just pictures.

Thanks

As others have said, you have a lot of talent!

There are a number of places now where you can get wonderful quality printed images of your digital pictures - on photo paper, watercolor paper, or even on canvas in sizes up to 40" wide. Just set your camera to take images in high quality and they can be enlarged to those sizes. Those images on your web-site wouldn't make good quality enlargements. The file size is much too small, so someone copying them and printing them would be very disappointed in the result.

I know because I happen to have one of the printers that can do this in my store. You can usually get the images custom printed one at a time, in any size, from a high quality digital file.

Just find out what a local printer would charge you for printing in various standard sizes (8X10) (11X14) (16X20) etc...etc.. then advertise what you would sell them for on your web-site, including a healthy mark-up for your work and talent. I think you'd have some interest. And you wouldn't be out a fortune in inventory because you wouldn't have to print an image until you had sold it.

herefords.us said:
As others have said, you have a lot of talent!

There are a number of places now where you can get wonderful quality printed images of your digital pictures - on photo paper, watercolor paper, or even on canvas in sizes up to 40" wide. Just set your camera to take images in high quality and they can be enlarged to those sizes. Those images on your web-site wouldn't make good quality enlargements. The file size is much too small, so someone copying them and printing them would be very disappointed in the result.

I know because I happen to have one of the printers that can do this in my store. You can usually get the images custom printed one at a time, in any size, from a high quality digital file.

Just find out what a local printer would charge you for printing in various standard sizes (8X10) (11X14) (16X20) etc...etc.. then advertise what you would sell them for on your web-site, including a healthy mark-up for your work and talent. I think you'd have some interest. And you wouldn't be out a fortune in inventory because you wouldn't have to print an image until you had sold it.

Thank you! Thanks for looking at them and taking the time to make this post!

Yeah, I've transfered each image quite a few times and resized them all smaller on my blog there.

I know nothing about photography! I have so many questions about ever getting a picture good enough to sell, and without losing money on it, that it is way over my head. I do have all day everyday to shoot though. I could start looking into the things you mentioned and see what happens. I see so many great photographers out there and some selling prints for so cheap that it worries me I would just lose money, which I can't do. Heck, there are a lot of great picture takers on this board.

I appreciate you posting this!

Edited: Well, I've got some things in the works. I guess I'll see what happens.

WOW....PHENOMENAL PICS....HAVE A SOFT SPOT IN MY HEART FOR THE LITTLE COWBOY IN THE BIG HAT IN THE STUNNING SILHOUETTE SHOTS!! HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED SUBMITTING A FEW OF YOUR PHOTOS TO MAGAZINES SUCH AS COWBOYS AND INDIANS AND AMERICAN COWBOY??? A YOUNG LADY IN OUR AREA CONTACTED ME LAST WEEK ABOUT SUBMITTING A FEW PICS OF MY RILEY/RALPHIE THAT SHE TOOK AT THE LAST BRANDING...APPARENTLY A CONTEST THROUGH "COWBOYS AND INDIANS" MAGAZINE!! YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT!!

kris said:
WOW....PHENOMENAL PICS....HAVE A SOFT SPOT IN MY HEART FOR THE LITTLE COWBOY IN THE BIG HAT IN THE STUNNING SILHOUETTE SHOTS!! HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED SUBMITTING A FEW OF YOUR PHOTOS TO MAGAZINES SUCH AS COWBOYS AND INDIANS AND AMERICAN COWBOY??? A YOUNG LADY IN OUR AREA CONTACTED ME LAST WEEK ABOUT SUBMITTING A FEW PICS OF MY RILEY/RALPHIE THAT SHE TOOK AT THE LAST BRANDING...APPARENTLY A CONTEST THROUGH "COWBOYS AND INDIANS" MAGAZINE!! YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT!!

Thank you very much! Thanks for looking at them!

I have a pile of silhouette shots. I had to cut down on shooting all I see every evening....lol. I can't afford the batteries....lol. My boy and I spend every evening following the herd around and the way my hills in the north pasture are, and where my house sits, it makes for easy silhouette shots. I can take a couple hundred a night easy and do....lol.

Thanks for letting me know about that photo contest for Cowboys and Indians magazine! ...I had no idea. Wow, just in time too. Deadline this Friday. I'm going to enter 4 for sure out of the 5 catergories. Don't have an action shot. I know my chance of making the top 5 in each catergory is grim, but the suspense of waiting to see will be awesome!....lol. I don't know which ones to enter though, that might have a chance???? Good Luck to your family! I bet seeing them in the magazine would be a great thing for you! I look through their magazine all the time at the store, and have bought a few.......they have some great, very bright photos every issues in there! American Cowboy does too! ....I've bought some of them also.

Thanks again!

herefords.us said:
Just set your camera to take images in high quality and they can be enlarged to those sizes.

I looked into this..... I just found out a couple minutes ago that I couldn't have set my camera up to take a lower resolution picture if I was forced at gun point.....lol. ......and I even had an extra small file maker deal enabled.....lol. I really don't know anything......lol. I'm just going to shoot for my own walls like I started. I just got some 8x10's in the mail of some of my pictures and even at the small resolution, they will work for me......wouldn't ever sell them, but just fine for me.

Latest posts