• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bull pull August 15, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Isthisacropcircle.jpg

Is this a crop circle? No, it was just too wet to hay at the time.
Beastofbird-on.jpg

Beast of bird - on.
Checkingoutwhatisahead.jpg

Checking out what is ahead
Peachandherbuckskin.jpg

Peach and her buckskin
Siftingthroughtogetbullsout.jpg

Sifting through to get bulls out from yearling heifers, which they have been with since May 18th.
Herearefourofthem.jpg

Here are four of them.
Morehelparriving.jpg

More help arriving
Tellingmeananimatedstory.jpg

Sunflower telling an animated story
Bullsonthemove-1.jpg

Bulls on the move
Goodcrew.jpg

Good crew
Fifteenheadtofitonour24trailer.jpg

Fifteen head of yearling bulls to fit on our 24 foot stock trailer
Thepanelshavebeentakendownbutitworked.jpg

The panels have now been moved, but the strategy worked and they were all loaded.
Therestofourentourage.jpg

The rest of our convoy
IknowanoldcowboywhenIseeone.jpg

I know an old cowboy when I see one, even if he is afoot. :wink: This is the proprietor of JF Ranch.
Showinghisfunctionalspurs.jpg

Showing his functional spurs. They even can fit in a pair of overshoes--I've seen it done. :)
AndImshowingmine.jpg

And I'm showing mine. These boots have just been resoled for the 6th time, at a cost of $65 which includes the new wingtips.
Thebullshavearrivedhome.jpg

The have arrived and are unloaded.
RoadconstructionwestofCody.jpg

Road construction west of Cody, Nebraska
IappreciatethemflyingtheAmericanFlag.jpg

I appreciate them flying the American flag.
SmokeintheairfromafireintheBlackHills.jpg

Smoke in the air from a fire in the Black Hills

Not going to the sale barn with bulls this year or does the bunch go to Big Swede's heifers now?

Your country sure looks green for this time of year.

gcreekrch said:
Not going to the sale barn with bulls this year or does the bunch go to Big Swede's heifers now?

Your country sure looks green for this time of year.

Haven't quite yet decided. Big Swede is bringing the bulls back tomorrow that he borrowed. I have lots of hay and might just keep them to use again next year.

Sure is Nice to see Old Glory out workin when a guy is out and about ain't it. them spurs you got on look just like the one's i wear, came from colorado sum 20 yrs ago

Northern Rancher said:
I just turned out today-giving the new Fraser bull everything till Ty gets back from Pincher Creek.

You should get a lot of calves out of the Fraser bull if he doesn't have competition for awhile. Back in the 1980's, my dad bought a 3/4 Chianina-1/4 Angus yearling bull. He turned this bull out with 200 Angus cows for two weeks before turning out Hereford bulls with the bunch. The next spring their were 65 calves out of the Chi-cross bull.

VB RANCH said:
Sure is Nice to see Old Glory out workin when a guy is out and about ain't it. them spurs you got on look just like the one's i wear, came from colorado sum 20 yrs ago

Yes it is nice to see Old Glory flying. We live in a mighty fine country if the goonballs don't wreck it.

Back in 1968 I bought a pair of antique spurs in pretty good shape from a second hand store for $25. These spurs I wore hard up until the mid 1990's. By then the hole in the center of the rowels was very egg-shaped. I ended up having a spur maker design me another pair patterned exactly like my old pair. He did a nice job and fancied them up a bit by putting an Indian head penny on the side. This is the pair in the picture, which cost $325. I like the style, with solid side buttons. They are not too heavy and not too light, and suit me just fine.

jodywy said:
if you had a few trees those poor brids wouldn't need a cow :D

Yep, you got that right. :wink: :)

Hopefully we'll be drawing him to sell semen on in a few years. I like to give a new bull the whole bunch for a bit so you get to see how he works on a cross section of cows-eliminates a person sorting to make him look good. He's off the old 60B bull that has worked well for us and what Murray and I think is one of his better cows-produces well and is sound as a Canadian dollar-she holds it together grazing out all winter. I leased a couple bulls from Dylan so should have the bases covered-was looking forward to A'I'ing this year but that liver deal ixnayed that. Have guys wanting to buy our breds so guess we'd better get them bred lol.

Do you keep many of those yearlings over to use in your fall calving program?

Latest posts