• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bull Rider hurt

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mtn_90

Reaction score
Anyone here go to the rodeo in Brookings SD on Saturday night, Oct. 28? If so, have you heard any more on that last bull rider that landed on his head?

All I've heard was that he broke his neck, but haven't heard if there's paralysis involved or not.

From the looks of it when they took him from the arena, he didn't have any movement of his arms or legs, and he was having trouble breathing. Any update would be appreciated. I'm sure any one who was there is saying a prayer for that young man. I know I am...

My husband said Jim Thompson mentioned it on his radio show today but he was out of the pickup at the time and couldn't catch the name. He thought Jim said the cowboy was from Sturgis though.

Anyone know anymore yet?

Josh Carter.

Haven't heard anymore than he broke his neck, but I don't know if it was real serious or not.

Nowadays, it's not as big of a deal as it used to be. Hope he's doin' alright.

A prayer or two sure wouldn't hurt.

Yep, name is Josh Carter from Piedmont...hubby just heard this morning that he was still in the hospital, but they didn't release any more on his condition...28 years old I believe.

Just heard today that he broke the neck up pretty high and the back lower down. He's in a halo. Not doing great, but hangin' in there.

He was told to quit riding bulls the last time he got hurt, which I think was a cracked neck, but he didn't. Hope he heals up and get's over this one. :cry:

Jinglebob, have you heard anymore about Josh? Do they know if he's going to be paralyzed?

This sounds so much like what happened to a kid from Harding County who got bucked off at a bronc school in Gillette that he attended with one of my boys while they were in high school.

He's now a quadriplegic and will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. I pray this doesn't happen to Josh.

Liberty Belle said:
Jinglebob, have you heard anymore about Josh? Do they know if he's going to be paralyzed?

This sounds so much like what happened to a kid from Harding County who got bucked off at a bronc school in Gillette that he attended with one of my boys while they were in high school.

He's now a quadriplegic and will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. I pray this doesn't happen to Josh.

I was talking to a guy who rodeo's, at an auction sale yesterday and he's the one who told me what I wrote above.

That is all I heard.

Don't know what the outcome will be.

Listen to Jim Thompson at 1 pm on KBHB and I'm sure he will have updates.

Hope and pray for the best.

Latest posts