• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bundy Ranch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jigger Boss said:
Bundy Ranch - What You're Not Being Told

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFiosLqjoQQ

One of the best laid out set of facts about the subject I have found!

How does a family go from years of compliance with the blm and paying the fees on these permits to just all of the sudden one year deciding not to. He sees his neighubors dropping off like flies. Did he see the writing on the wall and decide to not go along? I just can't wrap my head around how ordinary citizens or multigenerational ranchers have to follow the law to the tee while multigenerational politicians can get away with murder. They can run over anyone they want to do whatever they want cause the majority of folks don't know and don't care. I don't understand bundy when he talks about the Feds having no ownership or authority but I don't know what would come out of my mouth either after 20 yrs of trying to fight what I believed was crooked politicians trying to run folks outa there for whatever reason that will line the pockets.

Hereford76 said:
How does a family go from years of compliance with the blm and paying the fees on these permits to just all of the sudden one year deciding not to. He sees his neighubors dropping off like flies. Did he see the writing on the wall and decide to not go along? I just can't wrap my head around how ordinary citizens or multigenerational ranchers have to follow the law to the tee while multigenerational politicians can get away with murder. They can run over anyone they want to do whatever they want cause the majority of folks don't know and don't care. I don't understand bundy when he talks about the Feds having no ownership or authority but I don't know what would come out of my mouth either after 20 yrs of trying to fight what I believed was crooked politicians trying to run folks outa there for whatever reason that will line the pockets.

:agree:

Especially since the "lawmakers" have all the necessary time and resources to slant the table in their favor. Talk about bucking a stacked deck - play by the rules - you're doomed, don't play by the rules, you're damned...

burnt said:
Hereford76 said:

:agree:

Especially since the "lawmakers" have all the necessary time and resources to slant the table in their favor. Talk about bucking a stacked deck - play by the rules - you're doomed, don't play by the rules, you're damned...

:nod: :clap:

Well pardon me H for asking I don't read every post and have no clue of the BLM WE HAVE NONE WE DEAL WITH GREEDY PRIVATE LAND OWNERS THAT MAKE YOU JUMP THRU HOOPS AND AT THE END YOU FIX IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO RENT NEXT YEAR.tHE WAY i SEE IT IT IS FEDERAL LAND EITHER PAY THE FEES AND JUMP THRU THE HOOPS OR QUIT EASY PEASEY

Denny said:
Well pardon me H for asking I don't read every post and have no clue of the BLM WE HAVE NONE WE DEAL WITH GREEDY PRIVATE LAND OWNERS THAT MAKE YOU JUMP THRU HOOPS AND AT THE END YOU FIX IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO RENT NEXT YEAR.tHE WAY i SEE IT IT IS FEDERAL LAND EITHER PAY THE FEES AND JUMP THRU THE HOOPS OR QUIT EASY PEASEY

We don't have BLM here, either. I'm a greedy private landowner, too...but you need to check out the YouTube video asap. It might not be up much longer.

LazyWP said:
Denny said:
I know nothing of this case around here it's either private or state and county owned most of the state and county ground is either all forest or swamp no inbetween.You have to either rent from private land owners on a year to year deal or buy it. I'm a$$ deep in debt buying land but at least I'm in control of it that way.

Unless you want to fill in a mud hole, or they find some kind of endangered species, then you have no control.

Or you want to cut some brush, and see helicopters and the feds tell you that you are in violation of the endangered species law.
yellow cheeked warbler has cost me lots of grief.
good luck

DejaVu said:
Ho55 said:
All my family is down here today a horse back to get his cows back. They (BLM) have been destroying all his water developments. That he has the water rights on. This could come to a head today.

I salute you and your family today, Ho55.

What a mess. Baby calves scattered, 130 cows killed, 2 bulls shot.

If this indeed a fact it makes me sick where did they get these city wranglers, salvation army ?
good luck

kolanuraven said:
Tam said:
BTW I posted an article about a Wyoming family's fight with the EPA where they followed the rules and did everything the State of Wyoming requested only to have the EPA step in and threaten to fine them if they did not remove the Stock Pond on their private property, to which not one of you ranchers, concerned about the BLM's over reaching on the Bundy family that have not paid their grazing fees for over 20 years, have voiced any support for them. So I thought I would let you know I calculated the possible fines the family could be facing since I first posted the article in March and the fine is a cool $1.8 million. that is $75,000 a day for 24 days. There has not been much news about the poor families battle other than the fact a group of Congressmen wrote the EPA and asked them to back off, not sure if they did though, but considering it is over all US water rights and the EPAs attempts to take control of ALL OF THEM, I would think you might at least show some interest in this family's battle. :roll:

Not trying to scare you Tam...but we agree again!

Well Thank you at least you have acknowledged I was mentioning something that effects every single land owner/lease/user of water in the nation even in states that don't have to deal with the BLM. I was beginning to think what I was typing was only being seen on my computer and was lost in cyberspace to the rest.

I just hope that it does not take the rest to long to recognized if they don't start standing behind this family in their government over reaching battle, in far less than 20 years the last thing they are going to have to worry about is cutting some bushes, especially if they believe the Bundy over reaching is somehow connected to a water rights dispute.

Tam said:
kolanuraven said:
Tam said:
BTW I posted an article about a Wyoming family's fight with the EPA where they followed the rules and did everything the State of Wyoming requested only to have the EPA step in and threaten to fine them if they did not remove the Stock Pond on their private property, to which not one of you ranchers, concerned about the BLM's over reaching on the Bundy family that have not paid their grazing fees for over 20 years, have voiced any support for them. So I thought I would let you know I calculated the possible fines the family could be facing since I first posted the article in March and the fine is a cool $1.8 million. that is $75,000 a day for 24 days. There has not been much news about the poor families battle other than the fact a group of Congressmen wrote the EPA and asked them to back off, not sure if they did though, but considering it is over all US water rights and the EPAs attempts to take control of ALL OF THEM, I would think you might at least show some interest in this family's battle. :roll:

Not trying to scare you Tam...but we agree again!

Well Thank you at least you have acknowledged I was mentioning something that effects every single land owner/lease/user of water in the nation even in states that don't have to deal with the BLM. I was beginning to think what I was typing was only being seen on my computer and was lost in cyberspace to the rest.

I just hope that it does not take the rest to long to recognized if they don't start standing behind this family in their government over reaching battle, in far less than 20 years the last thing they are going to have to worry about is cutting some bushes, especially if they believe the Bundy over reaching is somehow connected to a water rights dispute.
With our own issues on this side of the 49th, calving, following the bundy affair and putting out my own fires I have to admit to reading your WY water issue and sort of being depressed as all that we have been warning about for years on property rights, water and other issues close to the heart of a rural dweller are coming to pass. Regardless, we will jump on board when we catch our breath. And seeing eye to eye with both Kola and OT in the last few days has me questioning my sense of sensibilities. It always comes back to water. Water equals power, water equals money, water equals life. Control the water you control the land and you control the people.

Latest posts