• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Burley, Idaho

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sierraman

Reaction score
Well, guys, it's been forever since I've posted on here. Maybe I'm still welcome, but I just wanted to ask if anyone here knows anything about Burley, ID. I got an internship there for this summer with the NRCS, and was just wondering what I need to know about this place. Thanks,

http://www.hometownlocator.com/City/Burley-Idaho.cfm

Here's a website that seems to have a bushel load of information on Burley, Idaho.

Long time no see. Good luck in Idaho this summer, it's a beautiful state.

oh, kind of important to me because of hours and hours of free time on the weekends is information on fish there. What's in the Snke River, besides trout of course.

Burley....nice place. Comfortable is a good word for it.

My time has been spent there due to the fact that I go fishing and rafting with my cousins down the Middle Fork of the Salmon river.

We get in @ Corn Creek......float down and get out where ever and whenever we please and eventually end up coming back to Salmon Idaho by rambling thru Burley and here and there.

A former employee of ours hailed from Burley. I went through there last june. It has a super walmart :wink: , nice views of the mountains, a lot of irrigation from the Snake R., lots of sage in the nearby desert, and seemed to be nice friendly folks that live there. It is an easy drive to Twin Falls, which I think is a little larger town. This guy's parents own a nice bookstore/ coffee shop in the downtown area. It seemed to be a nice clean town, and the river is sure wide and pretty through there.

He did say the wind came up, and went down with the sun almost every day.

Welcome back "lil Hippo"...I bet nr will be happy to see your post!

Burley is a nice medium sized town, (without knowing a true number I'd say there are 4,000-5,000 folks) in Southern ID. Lots of ranching, big ranches that run into Northern Nevada. I was in college with a couple of "kids" (at the time!) from the greater Burley area.

I really think it's a neat area, with neat folks.

On your way out from TX, you should go through New Mexico, up into SE Utah and go through the Arches National Park, near Moab. If I'm not mistaken, then you can cut across to the Burley area from Salt Lake City.

On a free weekend, go into Salt Lake and be sure to see Temple Square. I am not a Mormon, but the square and Temple are simply spectacular.

Also, Boise is a nice town/small city, and they have a nationally renown Basque festival (I think in the summer, August maybe?) that if given the opportunity to go, you should.

I'll give some thought to some other things to do in the area....congrats on the internship. Make the best of it, they can turn into great jobs, and look good on resumes too.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

hey hippo, Burley isn't a bad place, mostly dairies lots of farms. But you are in easy travel distance of some of the best in the west, I grew up in Salmon. Horseshoer is right, but weekends can be either in Jackpot, or head up highway 93 to the high country. There is some good fishing in some of the lakes and reservoirs there, the Snake has some pretty good bass, trout and sturgeon. The Salmon has of all things, salmon in June/July and there is going to be a season this year. Mackay has some of the best fly fishing for Rainbows. did I mention that the thing I miss most about Idaho is fishing?

Sure do, Jerry is living here in Billings working on this coal mine in Roundup. Don't know where the rest of them are now, I think some of them are in Wyoming. BTW, Corn creek is on the main Salmon, below the mouth of the Middle fork, where you can get off of the river or it is the main starting point for floats down the main Salmon to Riggins. In high school, we used to shuttle cars around for floaters, good money for driving

I have met some people traveling thru Burley. I like the general demeanor of people in the Magic Valley area. Real nice folks. I tell you what, there is a lot of good hunting and fishing there and within a short drive. Most anything you want is there or within a 1/2 day drive.

PPRM

I don't think I can do the gamblin in Jackpot. I'm gonna be 19, and I don't like to gamble anyways. I can't imagine Burley being any flatter or windier than Abilene is, but okay. I have done catfishing, bass, crappie, and sargeye fishing, so flyfishing is different. I'm tihnking I could find someone who can show me how to do that up there. I also bet salmon fishing is heavily regulated, but I'd love to give that a try. Thanks y'all for your ideas!!! Im looking forward to this. :)

Latest posts