• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bush's base

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Link to the article is below. But don't read it if you had rather pretend that all is well with the Bush Bunch.

"Evangelicals, Republican women, Southerners and other critical groups in President Bush's political coalition are increasingly worried about the direction the nation is headed and disappointed with his performance, an AP-Ipsos poll found.

The growing unease could be a troubling sign for a White House already struggling to keep the Republican Party base from slipping over Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers, Gulf Coast spending projects, immigration and other issues.

"Politically, this is very serious for the president," said James Thurber, a political scientist at American University. "If the base of his party has lost faith, that could spell trouble for his policy agenda and for the party generally."

"Public sentiment about the nation's direction has sunk to new depths at a time people are anxious about Iraq, the economy, gas prices and the management of billions of dollars being spent for recovery from the nation's worst natural disaster.

Only 28 percent say the country is headed in the right direction while two-thirds, 66 percent, say it is on the wrong track, the poll found.

Those most likely to have lost confidence about the nation's direction over the past year include white evangelicals, down 30 percentage points, Republican women, 28 points, Southerners, 26 points, and suburban men, 20 points."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9622843/

I hate to break it to you dis, but Bush is not running for re-election and most of the discontent is because his administration is straying from it's conservative base, which is only more bad news for libs like you. Good news for us conservatives, though.

Liberty Belle said:
I hate to break it to you dis, but Bush is not running for re-election and most of the discontent is because his administration is straying from it's conservative base, which is only more bad news for libs like you. Good news for us conservatives, though.

You'll have to explain that one to me, LB.

Latest posts