• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cain denies report of sexual harassment

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing

Reaction score
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain's campaign denied allegations Sunday that he was twice accused of sexual harassment while he was the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s.

In a statement to The Associated Press, his campaign disputed a Politico report that said Cain had been accused of sexually suggestive behavior toward at least two female employees.

The report said the women signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them five-figure financial payouts to leave the association and barred them from discussing their departures. Neither woman was identified.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAIN_HARASSMENT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-10-30-20-54-16

Herman Cain-- you may be able to Bullsh*t some on here that will suck up to anything if its what they want to hear-- but you're not Bullsh*tting me....You're part of the Hypo group...The narcissm already shows thru identically-- and some of the "female" posters have sent me the scarey "friendship" PM's you have sent them- that identically duplicate Hypos-- and even mocking make fun of one posters life experiences and trauma...... :( :(

:lol:

did he actually deny he was accused?

I just caught a bit of news at lunch and he said he was falsely accused and that he questioned the settlements..

by the sound of it the accusation it wasn't so much as a harassment but at alleged misappropriate language he used in their presence ,.. which is wrong as well, but as soon as you label it sexual harassment, it takes on a new meaning..

now that Cain is front runner many conservatives expected a lynching by the liberal media...

isn't it ironic that a college flunkie can do drugs, travel around the world to muslim nations, with no income and no liberal even questions it, yet one unsubstantiated rumor pops up and now Cain is doomed..

as for the allegation.. in my opinion Cain can be open and explain the allegation, (unseal the settlement) and sincerely apologize... or live with questions the accusation raises against his integrity.

Yeah, I remember how outraged the liberals were that a woman accused Bill Clinton of exposing himself to her in a hotel room......outraged at the woman. :lol:

Whitewing said:
Yeah, I remember how outraged the liberals were that a woman accused Bill Clinton of exposing himself to her in a hotel room......outraged at the woman. :lol:

Didn't Bill do it in the garden? and the person who exposed his indiscretions was later charged and fired wasn't she?

I thought it was Al Gore in the hotel.. and Edwards on the trail.. :shock:

not to forget Foley and Craig.. another couple of sleazeballs.. at least their careers went down the toilet...

(I am glad liberals like to expose sleazy republicans, it helps US clean house, and when they ignore a liberals indiscretions it exposed their own hypocrisy) ..

Remember Bob Packwood? If I recall correctly, that Washington State RINO tried to kiss a female staffer in an elevator and the NAG gang went ape-crap over his "abuse of power".

Which is why I will forever be grateful to Slick Willy. Watching the NAGS make excuses for his outlandish behavior with multitudes of women forever marginalized that group as a defender of women's rights.

when it come's to defending woman's rights, I doubt any of the liberal groups have any credibility left..

it is one thing to speak up when a male politician steps over the line, but for them to react in the way they have when female conservatives are attacked show their lack of commitment to true equality..

either way.. Cain will need to deal with this to get the conservative vote.. He might be a great conservative manager/leader, but I still doubt he will get a pass from conservatives on this type of allegation..

and we should hold all our candidates to a higher standard.. not lower them to the liberal's lack of standards..

Uh Steve, we were long ago informed by our resident windbag that conservatives would never support Cain.......translation: conservatives are racists.

Sexual harassment is 2 people talking about anything.... and if someone walks by and hears it and reports it you have sexual harassment.

do you remember Bob Barker was accused of sexual harassment by one of his assistants?

his answer to it was "of course I did, she liked it!" :shock:

end of story! :D

Van Susteren asked what Cain did that led to the accusation. There were reportedly more than one accusations in the complaint, but Cain said he recalled just one incident. "She was in my office one day, and I made a gesture saying — and I was standing close to her — and I made a gesture saying you are the same height as my wife. And I brought my hand up to my chin saying, 'My wife comes up to my chin.'" At that point, Cain gestured with his flattened palm near his chin. "And that was put in there [the complaint] as something that made her uncomfortable," Cain said, "something that was in the sexual harassment charge."

"I turned it over to my general counsel and one of the ladies that worked for me, the woman in charge of human resources. They did investigate…and it was found to be baseless."

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/cain-details-gesture-led-sex-charge[/quote]

Steve said:
as for the allegation.. in my opinion Cain can be open and explain the allegation, (unseal the settlement) and sincerely apologize... or live with questions the accusation raises against his integrity.

Unsealing the settlement will involve more than just Cain. The other parties involved, may not want the issue unsealed. They would then open themselves up to a whole lot of questioning.

I do like the attack by one of the leftist organizations saying that since he recused himself from he himself conducting the investigation, that he must be guilty. Holder must be innocent, since he wanted to head up the investigation on himself...

Latest posts