• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cain vs Obama - The debate Democrats dread.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Until Cain alters his 9-9-9-plan for exemptions for retirees/senior citizens- and especially those ony on social security- or living on fixed incomes---he has no chance of winning anything...
I have an 89 year old uncle living in a fixed income assisted care unit- on SSI with no outside income- (that now doesn't make enough to pay anything) and if Cains tax comes to be ) But now he has to pay taxes on the food, transportation and outside resources/help he needs to live--- WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SURVIVE ON HIS OWN--which is important to these older folks.........
OR do you start adding exceptions which ruins the whole idea of the tax plan.......
Which makes it unworkable - unless you think some old folks should die on the streets--- and some sitting in the Wall Street towers should be profiteering more...!!

I'm not against much of his plan- BUT there are folks out there living on much less than he envisionalise's- that will have to pay lots more to live on ---unless he puts in exemptions (which to me makes his tax no different than 100's of other right wing sales tax ideas) becomes a joke.......

And then on top of it- like Vermont and other states- it would set up a new TAX and new state BEARUCRACY that would have to collect taxes for the federal government...ANOTHER ADDED TAX AND COST for Libertarian states like Vermont and Montana that have objected another tax- sales tax for years...
I was a major supporter of a sales tax referendum to replace the local property taxes--- but the Libertarin (purple) folks have voted it down for years.... I was a kid when it first came up 50 years ago- and I can remember my Dad saying we don't need to pack around pennies like the ND's do.....
But according to may of the accounting interests- he hasn't proved that this will benefit the middle class-ESPECIALLY ME- and not be a big tax deduction for the millionaire class folks....

Oldtimer said:
ANOTHER ADDED TAX AND COST

that's exactly what it is OT...... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

9% National Sales Tax.

Unlike a state sales tax, which is an add-on tax that increases the price of goods and services, this is a replacement tax. It replaces taxes that are already embedded in selling prices. By replacing higher marginal rates in the production process with lower marginal rates, marginal production costs actually decline, which will lead to prices being the same or lower, not higher.

http://www.hermancain.com/999plan

Could be Cain and his expert that thought it up may have been playing the Sim-city game. The game has a 9 9 9 tax plan. But there are ways to cheat.

Now I may find out that I do not understand all of the 9-9-9 plan but for almost the first time ever I agree with OT. I am over 65, draw SS and am on medicare. I retired from a town job of over 30 years and now raise cattle and hay as well as crops on a farm I own but do not operate. If this tax rate of 9% is straight across with no deductions then my depreciation, interest paid etc would no longer be deductible from my gross income. Therefor my taxes would inrease considerably as some years I pay little income tax. In KS our sales tax is 8.3% locally but does not apply to many agricultural expenses like machinery and repairs. Would the 9% tax be on gross ranch income or the net after all expenses including depreciation? Would the sales tax apply to everything new even those things exempted from state sales tax? Used machinery would be in even greater demand than it is now to avoid a 9% higher cost. How about groceries? So far I don't like Cain's tax plan at all and certainly would not vote for him even though I do like many of his other ideas and I really don't care for the other candidates either. Maybe I'm just difficult to please.

Red Barn Angus said:
So far I don't like Cain's tax plan at all and certainly would not vote for him even though I do like many of his other ideas and I really don't care for the other candidates either. Maybe I'm just difficult to please.

I wouldn't base your decision on whether you vote for Cain or not on his 9-9-9 plan.

The President does not have the constitutional authority to reform the tax code.

hypocritexposer said:
Red Barn Angus said:
So far I don't like Cain's tax plan at all and certainly would not vote for him even though I do like many of his other ideas and I really don't care for the other candidates either. Maybe I'm just difficult to please.

I wouldn't base your decision on whether you vote for Cain or not on his 9-9-9 plan.

The President does not have the constitutional authority to reform the tax code.

No but if Cain wins he will be hollering how he has a mandate to get his pizza plan passed.

Bullhauler said:
hypocritexposer said:
Red Barn Angus said:

No but if Cain wins he will be hollering how he has a mandate to get his pizza plan passed.

You have to admit it would be better than the "God daam America" and "redistribute the wealth" plans that the obama regime is working on

Ouch, that slap had to have brought tears to his eyes, but more than likely went over his head :wink:

hypocritexposer said:
Red Barn Angus said:

Your last statement about Presidential authority.

Question is this also why President Obama cannot bet any thing done with out a lot of fight from within?

hurleyjd said:
hypocritexposer said:
Red Barn Angus said:

Question is this also why President Obama cannot bet any thing done with out a lot of fight from within?

What do you mean, "can't get anything done?" He's pretty much
done what he wanted to, like it or lump it.

hurleyjd said:
hypocritexposer said:
Red Barn Angus said:

depends on the issue.

The Democratic Senate has not followed the law and passed a budget, or brought one up for vote, since 2009.

There are "separation of powers" for a reason, and with this President, whom would much rather be a tyrant, it's a good thing.

Oldtimer said:
Until Cain alters his 9-9-9-plan for exemptions for retirees/senior citizens- and especially those ony on social security- or living on fixed incomes---he has no chance of winning anything..

Wait a minute, I thought he had no chance of winning because the Teabaggers were racists...... :???: :???: :???:

Latest posts