• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Camera Question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jeff in ca

Reaction score
What is the camera of choice for Ranch Talk users? I am not wanting a smart phone so please don't suggest that. I want a rugged phone that fits into a shirt pocket.
Thanks
Jeff in CA

Depends what you want, just a point and shoot or a DSLR? I started with a Sony Cybershot, it was a great little camera. But since I wanted more control over my photos I bought a Canon T4i last fall and I absolutely love it. But a lot more $$ than a simple point and shoot camera too.

The one I pack around is a pocket-sized Sony Cyber-shot Exmor R AVCHD. It serves my purposes, and has video capabilities. Now if I'd just read the book to figure out what all it can do. :?

after asking this same question a couple of years back, i ended up with a Canon Power Shot elph 320 hs. it has been a good,tough camera with no issues. the on/off button is too small for my fingers but they give you a pick to use. I like, Mr. Soapweed need to read the manual more to get it's full potential. now if I could just figure out Photo Bucket :mad: :lol: :lol:

front pocket I carried a Nikon Coolpix S6100,carried if for a few years dropped it last winter and it was cold and the lenses cover didn't close and scratched the lenses , it still takes good pictures as long as there no sunshine hitting the lenses. Bought 2new Nikon Coolpix S6400 on Amazon on a sales for about $150 less for each then they usually retail for, but that was a one day deal. It has a 12x zoom , it what I took the big horn sheep pictures with , but It has a lot more functions then I have figured out yet.

my wife takes a camera bag with a SLR Canon Rebel , but she has a few interchangeable lenses and can do a lot more things.

Latest posts