• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Camping 2

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bruce

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Alberta Canada
CIMG0915-Copy.jpg

The promised land!!
CIMG0918-Copy.jpg

Gcreek or Silver may know......wild red top??
CIMG0906-Copy.jpg

If he's that much bigger again next year .....he can keep the meadow :shock:
CIMG0900-Copy.jpg

end of a good day!!
CIMG0905-Copy.jpg

Coffee's alway's on if your ever going by!!
 

Bruce

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Alberta Canada
katrina said:
Wonderful trip.... Thanks for sharing.... Looks like fun except I don't camp... Did that way too much growing up as a kid.....
To much camping..........that's like to much fun, or being to good look'n!!! LoL A friend alway's use's the quote " I don't mind camping as long as there is something between me and the ground....and I prefer it to be 5 more story's of 5 star hotel!!" :lol:
Take care
 

gcreekrch

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
28
Location
west chilcotin bc
I would call that grass wild redtop. A year like this produces heads like that on another grass here that is somewhat courser in the stalk.

Cowboys and Indians cooking on the fire looks good!

The mount in Part 1 must have had a itchy back and wanted to roll. :wink:

I enjoy camping out as long as it is someone elses trip. :D The first few years of running water (the bucket kind) are still fresh enough to be sufficient. :wink:
 

katrina

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
8,776
Reaction score
2
Location
East north east of Soapweed
As a kid our family would got to big mac for our vacation. You could only stay 14 days in one spot, so we would have to move camp to finish out our stay. Dad and Mom had a boat, so we would fish, and fish, and did I say fish? Ski, did I say fish....We moved up from a tent to an old pea green school bus that was half ass renovated and man we thought we were in the lap of luxery..

Nope my idea of camping is staying at the super eight when the Holiday Inn is full.... But good for you those are great memories in the making.....
 

Bruce

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Alberta Canada
gcreekrch said:
I would call that grass wild redtop. A year like this produces heads like that on another grass here that is somewhat courser in the stalk.

Thank's, I alway's hear about haying wild red top....but I wasn't sure.

Cowboys and Indians cooking on the fire looks good!

The mount in Part 1 must have had a itchy back and wanted to roll. :wink:

At home on the stove.....not so much! Over the fire...you bet!!
LoL This was our first trip with the wagon.......it tip's easier than you would think! :shock: :lol:
 

Bruce

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Alberta Canada
katrina said:
As a kid our family would got to big mac for our vacation. You could only stay 14 days in one spot, so we would have to move camp to finish out our stay. Dad and Mom had a boat, so we would fish, and fish, and did I say fish? Ski, did I say fish....We moved up from a tent to an old pea green school bus that was half ass renovated and man we thought we were in the lap of luxery..

Nope my idea of camping is staying at the super eight when the Holiday Inn is full.... But good for you those are great memories in the making.....

LoL
My girl opted out on this trip......but she has possibly went fishing 1 more time than she really wanted to :lol:
 

Silver

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
5,152
Reaction score
27
Location
BC
Looks like what I call wild redtop Bruce. Looks like a good trip. I think Mrs. Silver and myself might take the kids on a similar trip this coming weekend, hopefully the scenery will be as nice. I have to confess I am a bit of a slacker when it comes to taking the kids camping. The kids will ask "when can we go camping?" and I will reply "you mean you want to go out into the wilderness to spend the night?" The invariable answer is yes, to which I reply "Take a look around, we spent every night in the wilderness."
However, it will be good to take them out and catch a fish or two and sleep on the ground. I hope my pictures turn out as good as yours!
 

Bruce

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Alberta Canada
Silver said:
Looks like what I call wild redtop Bruce. Looks like a good trip. I think Mrs. Silver and myself might take the kids on a similar trip this coming weekend, hopefully the scenery will be as nice. I have to confess I am a bit of a slacker when it comes to taking the kids camping. The kids will ask "when can we go camping?" and I will reply "you mean you want to go out into the wilderness to spend the night?" The invariable answer is yes, to which I reply "Take a look around, we spent every night in the wilderness."
However, it will be good to take them out and catch a fish or two and sleep on the ground. I hope my pictures turn out as good as yours!
Thanks Silver :D
Hope you get the time and have a good trip!! Looking forward to seeing picture's!!
btw We borrowed an air mattress with a self containned air pump, and it sure made for a better sleep for the old guy on the trip!! :lol:
 

Latest posts

Top