• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Can Muslims be good Americans?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
We received this in an e-mail today:

Can a devout Muslim be an American patriot and a
loyal citizen? Consider this:

Theologically, no. Because his allegiance is to
Allah, the moon god of Arabia.

Scripturally, no. Because his allegiance is
to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically, no. Because his allegiance
is to Mecca, to which he turnsin prayer five
times a day.

Socially, no. Because his allegiance to
Islam forbids him to make friends
with Christians or Jews.

Politically, no. Because he must submit to
the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation
of Israel and destruction of
America, the great Satan.

Domestically, no, because he is instructed
to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when
she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Religiously, no. Because no other religion
is accepted by his Allah except Islam
(Quran, 2:256)

Intellectually, no, because he cannot accept
the American Constitution since it is based
on Biblical principles and he believes the
Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically, no, because Islam,
Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow
freedom of religion and _expression.

Democracy and Islam cannot co - exist.

Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or
autocratic.

Spiritually, no, because when we declare
"one nation under God," the Christian's
God is loving and kind, while Allah is
NEVER referred to as our heavenly father,
nor is he ever called love in the Quran's
99 excellent names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps
we should be
very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this
country.

They obviously cannot be both good Muslims
and good Americans. Call it what you
wish...it's still the truth. If you find
yourself intellectually in agreement with
the above, perhaps you will share this with
your friends. The more who understand this,
the better it will be for our country.

Pass it on. The war is bigger than we know.

OK I have been ignoring you BUT ya know there are times I want to jap slap you upside the head.
ARE YOU THAT BLINDED BY YOUR BIAS?
A representative of the Association of Muslim Scholars says more than 300 Sunni Arabs have been assassinated in Baghdad over the past four months. The figure can't be independently confirmed.
By Babak Dehghanpisheh, Michael Hastings and Michael Hirsh
Newsweek
March 6, 2006 issue - When is the moment you realize your country is on the brink of disintegration? Perhaps it is when you are too scared to remain in your own home. That's the way it felt to Muhammad Ali, a 27-year-old Sunni in Baghdad's mixed Shia-Sunni neighborhood of Doura. In the hours after a terrorist bomb in nearby Samarra last week destroyed the sacred Askariya mosque—where revered Shia imams are entombed—angry Shiites, their faces wrapped in kaffiyehs, roared down Ali's street in Opel and Kia passenger cars bristling with AK-47s and rocket-propelled grenades. Minutes later, Ali heard three loud blasts: a nearby Sunni mosque had been hit with RPGs. "We were terrified," says Ali, his voice cracking. "We never had something like this in my neighborhood."

Does that sound to YOU like they are too COWARD to really do anything?
DAMN MAN get your head out of your gluteus maximus. You want to preach get up on a pulpit and do it on a sunday. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt FINE but you BETTER make sure MY children are NOT in danger. I have LOST enought to "them" I will give everyone more than one chance but if you can NOT own up to your MISTAKE then you will never change. They feel they are RIGHT and will be rewarded for the slaughter of innoccent lives or as they put it HEATHENS. You want to descuss this fine but if your going to preach to me .....HOLD your fingers. I have one HELL of a preacher who agrees with me that they are tring to kill us. I will listen to him on Sundays and learn about the Loving God. BUT the same who will JUDGE all of us. We have to DEFEND ourselves and our beliefs.

I agree with Faster Horses and MSSage If you have snakes around you your better off to shoot em than take a chance one is gonna bite you.

3,000 people died on 9/11 because we couldn't pick out the good ones from the bad ones....Until they get their act together I have to consider them all bad until proven good....

Sometimes I don't know when to shut my mouth, and this could be one of those times...but I must ask this question:

How can there be some good ones (as far as we are concerned) when this (to kill the Infidels) is their religion? This is what they are taught. This is how they worship.

I am sincere in saying this. I would like someone to point out where my thinking is wrong. (Well, anyone but you-know-who...)

Stevec. Calling 911 the modern version of the Boston tea party is ludicris. Think a little Stevec. These terrorists used airplanes to not only kill themselves but thousands of others. Anyone who willingly kills themselves to inflict damage to others is taking hatred to a new level. To understand this level of hatred is beyond my imagination.

cowboyup said:
I agree with Faster Horses and MSSage If you have snakes around you your better off to shoot em than take a chance one is gonna bite you.

YUP!!!!
MsSage---I LOVED reading your reply...had me giggling at the way you gave mr stevec a little dose of "hell"!!! You go, girl!!!! :D
OT---how very true!!! When their very beliefs tell that that we, the "infidels" must be destroyed, how can we trust them?? :shock:

stevC wrote:
As we have seen in other threads, it doesn't take much to twist scripture to fulfill ones bigotry.

StevC you did a pretty good job of twisting scripture.....and economics, war service, patriotism, and any other subject you write about....and now you brag about it?

Can a devout Muslim be an American patriot and a
loyal citizen? Consider this:

By this rationale, Christians can't be loyal citizens or patriots either because our first allegiance is supposed to be to God, too.
Deuteronomy 6:5, Matt. 22:37-39 & Mark 12:28-29

If you have snakes around you your better off to shoot em than take a chance one is gonna bite you.

Well that doesn't make any sense. Then you kill the beneficial snakes too, like bullsnakes, and garter snakes, etc. etc. The number of poisonous ones are fairly few compared to the number that aren't and are vital parts of the ecosystem.

Those of you who want to just kill everyone... I have to wonder how many Muslems you've ever known.
Most of them want nothing more than to raise their kids, pay their taxes and watch TV just like everyone else.

Muslims have immigrated all over the world due to economic and political conditions in their native countries.

so if there oil revenue was "forced" to go towards economic developement, instead of buying more weapons, they would go back....

Ireland's economic boom during the 1990s brought unprecedented levels of prosperity and helped transform it into a "country of immigration." For the first time in its history, Ireland experienced a significant inflow of migrants -

Faster horses said:
Sometimes I don't know when to shut my mouth, and this could be one of those times...but I must ask this question:

How can there be some good ones (as far as we are concerned) when this (to kill the Infidels) is their religion? This is what they are taught. This is how they worship.

I am sincere in saying this. I would like someone to point out where my thinking is wrong. (Well, anyone but you-know-who...)

Anyone but me? FH, as a Muslim myself I'm absolutely outraged by the email you received and all this other blasphemous lies about my religion I call Islam.

Firstly, Islam doesn't allow (it forbids) the killing of another human being without being in a war. It's only these T-E-R-R-O-R-I-S-T-S who, in their brainwashed mind, act upon impulse and turn Islam around, believing it'll get em into Heaven if they kill Jews and Christians. Well, darling, it's not. If they'd read the Holy Quran and read it PROPERLY, we wouldn't be stuck with these people. The Quran says to be kind and gentle to your bros and sis's, much like the other religions.

The reason has sociological backgrounds, since these 'T' word people come from poor areas and are influenced by media and act aggressively. Lord knows that's not the Islamic way. With impressionable minds, they need what we're all here on this Earth for: education.

And God Bless America, I say!

reader (the Second) said:
stevec said:
Well, since the Salem Witch Trials and the Inquisition were presided over by Christians, one could argue that there should be no courts and all Christians killed. Afterall, things would be safer that way.

As we have seen in other threads, it doesn't take much to twist scripture to fulfill ones bigotry. Islam is no different than any other.

9/11 had nothing to do with Islam. It was about trade. It was akin to a modern version of the Boston Tea Party.

I've been ignoring your odd and sometimes ludicrous posts but this one takes the cake. No 9/11 has everything to do with Islam and not a d**m thing to do with trade. You could not be more wrong and you should question your grey matter's viability, given such a silly statement. Not to pull rank on you but I am first someone who studied Islam and Arabic for 20 years and second someone working in homeland security.

And hang on, what proof do we have that it really WAS 'Islamic' terrorists? Far as I'm concerned, that bunch of homicidal creeps are not Muslims anymore. But anyway, my point is, with so many rumours, conspiracy theories and other random cr*p I don't know what to believe, except my faith. Y'all should do it too, cos conclusion jumping is never a good thing... :cry:

Good going Zeph!!!

There is " trash" in every religion/country/area of the world...and it's those "extreme types" that seem to garner the most attention and thus the whole religion/country/area gets painted with the same brush!.

Sad but true!

Zephyrus 31
since these 'T' word people come from poor areas

Osama was rich....the nieteen hyjackers "enjoyed" the benifit of education and wealth......

poor schmucks are to busy working to eat......

rich elitists radical islamic terrorists are paying thier way.......then using them to promote thier own agenda

reader (the Second) said:
JB - are you advocating doing away with freedom of religion? Aren't you being extreme? It's one thing to preach and to worship and even to try to prostelyze. It's another to preach hatred or anarchy or armed revolution or violence. Muslims have immigrated all over the world due to economic and political conditions in their native countries. Until radical Islam, there was NOTHING the least bit threatening about Muslim immigration in the U.S. although in Europe there was frankly since Europe is a less open society and Muslims in Germany for instance barely assimilated.

Absolutly not! I was mearly pointing out that in this country you are free to practice you personal beliefs, as long as they do not break any existing laws. Or at tleast thats the way I understand it.

I was asking, what are you going to do about people who belive in a different religion than you do, as long as they are law abiding citizens?

Freedom of religion was one of the founding tenents of this country. Tho' some have sure bewen infringed on in the past. When it happens to Catholics, as I am, I just remember that Jesus said "you will be persecuted for believing in me" or words to that effect. So I just figure it's someting I've got to go thru' and take comfort in the fact that this life is but a small stop on my journey. :)

theHiredMansWife said:
You're a Catholic in northern SD?!

What are there? About 17 of you? I s'pose that makes Communion go fast, eh? :wink:

On a BIG day we might have that many. My son is in his 6th year of seminary to become a priest.

There are quite a few in this area, but so many don't come to church anymore.

Guess when you won't change the rules, it makes it hard for some people to stay with the religion. :wink:

Steve - These impressionable young 'jihad' fanatics ARE lured by that money, which is sick, seeing that their religion was overshadowed by material wealth.. So yep, you're right there, sir. Just can't see why they'd want to kill a majority of the innocent, that's all. It's illogical!

Reader - I see what you're saying. I had no idea they admitted to the 9/11 attacks.. Anti-Terrorism topics are way too deep for me I know, but I just had to point out that not all Muslims believed in the trite that terrorists believe in.

What action is to be taken against terrorists (not 'Muslims') then?

Latest posts