• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

can you find that cow dog?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
IMG_0227.jpg
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
IMG_0221.jpg
TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR SHOP i WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT...........................GOOD LUCK
 

Shelly

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
0
Location
Saskatchewan
Wow! Nice shop! My husband would be envious!

I see the dog, I also see what appears to be a bottle of JD. Have one for me, Haymaker.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Thank you for the compliment Shelly,one more then I gotta head upstairs,maybe some others will post pictures of their shop.This is one place me and some ole coots talk weather ,cattle usually in winter when every body is caught up................good luck
IMG_0223.jpg
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
Nice shop Hayman. Looks like a bottle of George Dickel next to the Jim Beam. I'll take a shot of that over ice. :wink:

I always keep a bottle of "Rebel Yell" bourbon for people from up north, and make 'em drink it out of a "Dixie" cup.
 

Mudhen

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
SW Oklahoma
I see the Beam but you need some of that turkey (101) that stuff will make you see double and act single. :D :D :D Nice shop I see you got the PC outside in the shop so if you need to fix that PC then a hammer is close to you. :twisted:
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Mike said:
Nice shop Hayman. Looks like a bottle of George Dickel next to the Jim Beam. I'll take a shot of that over ice. :wink:

I always keep a bottle of "Rebel Yell" bourbon for people from up north, and make 'em drink it out of a "Dixie" cup.


That's why I keep my good stuff up at the house,and the Jim beam in the shed,I never know who is down there :wink: but they know they are always welcome ,and if the Beam aint good enough,bring your own :D .................good luck
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Mudhen said:
I see the Beam but you need some of that turkey (101) that stuff will make you see double and act single. :D :D :D Nice shop I see you got the PC outside in the shop so if you need to fix that PC then a hammer is close to you. :twisted:

Yeah Mudhen,that wild turkey will have you gobbling pretty quick,and you are right on about the hammer and "PC"I have felt like working on them with a hammer more than once...............good luck
 

nr

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Location
DE
Haymaker,

That dog must be hiding cause he knows how mean you get after hitting those bottles. :shock:

Hope the plastic cowboy hat don't melt all over your woodstove :D
 

Mudhen

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
SW Oklahoma
That hat should be safe if the temp. is anything like it is here. It maybe cooler in the stove too. I bet that stove with a little water on it in the winter puts off lots of heat.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Mike said:
How's the JD tractor "resurrection" coming along?


I aint been in the mood to work on it,so not much done.I been haying and hauling,get ready for winter,it sounds crazy as hot and dry as its been, but you know as well as I it wont be long before cold weather will be along,things will settle down outside then ILL hole up in the shop work on that ole john deere a little,how's life in your neck of the woods you done baling?................good luck
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
HAY MAKER said:
Mike said:
How's the JD tractor "resurrection" coming along?


I aint been in the mood to work on it,so not much done.I been haying and hauling,get ready for winter,it sounds crazy as hot and dry as its been, but you know as well as I it wont be long before cold weather will be along,things will settle down outside then ILL hole up in the shop work on that ole john deere a little,how's life in your neck of the woods you done baling?................good luck

I don't bale this time of year anymore. I drill ryegrass and clover in the fall and bale it up in May. Too much rain this time of year...I got tired of hay getting wet.

Will put up some small square bales in Sept. though. I have a friend that lets me have the last cutting of johnsongrass, if needed, in return for a little tractor work (loading hay). Got an old NH "Hayliner Super 78" that still spits 'em out good.

Sure is nicer working in May as opposed to now too. Heat index was 112 yesterday.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Mike said:
HAY MAKER said:
Mike said:
How's the JD tractor "resurrection" coming along?


I aint been in the mood to work on it,so not much done.I been haying and hauling,get ready for winter,it sounds crazy as hot and dry as its been, but you know as well as I it wont be long before cold weather will be along,things will settle down outside then ILL hole up in the shop work on that ole john deere a little,how's life in your neck of the woods you done baling?................good luck

I don't bale this time of year anymore. I drill ryegrass and clover in the fall and bale it up in May. Too much rain this time of year...I got tired of hay getting wet.

Will put up some small square bales in Sept. though. I have a friend that lets me have the last cutting of johnsongrass, if needed, in return for a little tractor work (loading hay). Got an old NH "Hayliner Super 78" that still spits 'em out good.

Sure is nicer working in May as opposed to now too. Heat index was 112 yesterday.

We bale our bermuda's in May,but that is supposed to be our wettest month,all this sudan grass usually in late june /july.............good luck PS what did you do with white face?that lil canadian gal is a mess & one of my favorites: :wink:
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
nr said:
Haymaker,

That dog must be hiding cause he knows how mean you get after hitting those bottles. :shock:

Hope the plastic cowboy hat don't melt all over your woodstove :D

Hello nr,it aint a plastic hat :D and no chance of it burning till winter ,by then what ever ole coot left it down there will have it retrieved Im sure,I did'nt realize it but there are two dogs in the picture.And those ole fat girls know I would never hit em that's why they are always in the way :wink: ............good luck PS take your camera to dead wood.
 

nr

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Location
DE
HAY MAKER said:
.....good luck PS take your camera to dead wood.

I think you should leave that shop and take your own camera to Deadwood.
 

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
11,308
Reaction score
0
Location
South East Texas
HayMaker,
I want the "mission organization" crew that done your shop to come do my hubby's shop...I'd NEVER post a pic of it....It's a wreck..between him and my father in law workin on stuff it's forever got somethin tore down right smack dab in the middle of it all. I've even tried to convince them to just work on stuff out in the pasture n store tools in the shop...it'd be a whole lot nicer place if they did. At present there's a John Deere 350 dozer with the tracks off and a 1989 ford F350 gittin new gears and fuel tanks sittin in there...
There's is a combination mechanic shop and machine shop. He's got two metal lathes and all the metal shavings you could ask for..anyone know of a good use for those??? hehe Tire machine, drill press, big hydraulic press, metal shears, 20" planer, a forklift and Plenty of spare parts for whatever you can imagine, they dont git rid of nothin..."might need it someday".
But there's no bottle of JD...just a old refridgerator with bottled water and coors light.
It's "men" territory, glad I dont hafta work in it. lol
 

Jinglebob

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
5,962
Reaction score
0
Location
Western South Dakota
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
HayMaker,
I want the "mission organization" crew that done your shop to come do my hubby's shop...I'd NEVER post a pic of it....It's a wreck..between him and my father in law workin on stuff it's forever got somethin tore down right smack dab in the middle of it all. I've even tried to convince them to just work on stuff out in the pasture n store tools in the shop...it'd be a whole lot nicer place if they did. At present there's a John Deere 350 dozer with the tracks off and a 1989 ford F350 gittin new gears and fuel tanks sittin in there...
There's is a combination mechanic shop and machine shop. He's got two metal lathes and all the metal shavings you could ask for..anyone know of a good use for those??? hehe Tire machine, drill press, big hydraulic press, metal shears, 20" planer, a forklift and Plenty of spare parts for whatever you can imagine, they dont git rid of nothin..."might need it someday".
But there's no bottle of JD...just a old refridgerator with bottled water and coors light.
It's "men" territory, glad I dont hafta work in it. lol

Metal shavings are supposed to be good to put around your trees so that they get lots of iron. I've never tried it, but then we've got lots of iron in the rocks and sandstone and sand that grows around here.
 

DOC HARRIS

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
821
Reaction score
0
Location
Ft. Collins, CO
HAY MAKER said:
Why, of course I see that great cattle dog! He is lying behind the stove out of habit, even though the stove isn't vibrating off the floor. (Note the hat on the stove!) With the insulation you have on the wall, that stove would heat the whole house if you open the door to upstairs! I 'packed 'some excelsior in a stove like that one time and blew the stove lid up against the ceiling. Mrs. DOC was not too happy with me. I wasn't either because it burned off my eyebrows and singed my eyelashes and hair. Never do that!! :shock: We all do stupid things - but probably not THAT stupid!

Oh, yeah - - the second dog is at his Masters feet under the desk :D I almost missed him.
 

Latest posts

Top