• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canada's national women's hockey team

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rainie

Reaction score
Saw our national women's team play live a couple nights ago. WOW!!!!!! They played a triple A midget team (15-17 year olds). The boys spent most of the night in their own end. Ended up 9-1 for the girls.No wonder they're such an international force. Skating, puck handling, and positional play is outstanding. World championships start this weekend in Winnipeg.

Emily went to Carolynne Oulette's hockey school last year and loved it. Really improved her skating. She doesn't like playing girls hockey though not enough hitting for her.

What I never understood is why the women, especially at the elite level, aren't allowed to play the full contact game.
Like you said, there are lots of girls playing boys hockey in the hitting age groups. When Colin played Bantam AA we had a girl on D. She went on to play midget in Fort Saskatchewan. I ran into her uncle at our Fish and Game dinner and he said she now has a full ride scholarship in the States.
Haylie Wickenheiser (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) must have played the full game when she turned pro in Finland for that year.
The Team Canada rugby girls play the full game. So do the soccer girls. And the women ride rough stock in rodeo.
I don't get it with hockey? Maybe its because there are only two dominant nations and it would scare the others off.
Right now its like that crap World Cup hockey in the bad old days under Bunny Aherne.

Latest posts