• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadian beef groups create a new alliance

Help Support Ranchers.net:

QUESTION said:
SH- we canadians can do what ever we want , other countries like the US do that so why do you think canadians should have to play by the rules if other countries do not ? After all it is to ensure saftey for the consumer, no wait it is to protect the health of the canadian cow herd, no wait it is what the consumer wants afterall i am a consumer and i want all foreign meat traceable to ranch of origin. How dare you try to tell as foreign country how it should run it's business. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Sound familiar. We can be unreasonable too :p

Hey, I'm all for the sovereignity arguement. I believe that every country not only has the right to do what is best for their own people, but also the responsibility. I just couldn't keep quiet seeing you advocate policies that globalists construe as protectionist after you and others have repeatedly blasted R-CALF for the same thing. A little different when the shoe is on your foot, eh?

Just look at the companies importing US CAB for their resaurant trade. No reason they can't be using canadian beef

There are licensed CAB packers in Canada that stamp CAB on Canadian beef.

"IsCertified Angus Beef ® product identified in any plants outside of the United States?
Yes. CAB licensed Canadian packing plants beginning in 2000, primarily to serve the needs of Canadian consumers. The Canadian Beef Grading Agency fills the role of USDA by ensuring equivalent carcass specifications are met. For more information, contact the Executive Office."

QUESTION said:
SH- we canadians can do what ever we want , other countries like the US do that so why do you think canadians should have to play by the rules if other countries do not ? After all it is to ensure saftey for the consumer, no wait it is to protect the health of the canadian cow herd, no wait it is what the consumer wants afterall i am a consumer and i want all foreign meat traceable to ranch of origin. How dare you try to tell as foreign country how it should run it's business. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Sound familiar. We can be unreasonable too :p

Well- it wouldn't be anything new.... Canada hasn't played by the rules since NAFTA was signed- when they immediately set a NAFTA precedent by saying "ALL US CATTLE ARE DISEASED"- and putting up trade barriers by restricting ALL US cattle going north .....

So Questionable---We're used to Canadian hypocriticism :wink:

OMG guys don't recognize sarcasm. :roll: M A Y B E I F I S P E A K L O U D A N D S L O W I T W I L L H E L P.
OT the agrument is getting old you have BT running rampant in the US canada didn't want it, you seem to want the punish Canada for having higher standards than the US . Get over it or build yourself a time machine and go back in time and change things. Hearing the same old rhetoric replayed every few weeks just shows you have nothing. :lol:
Well i guess i will go down to your level OT
I KNOW YOU ARE< BUT WHAT AM I ( REF> HYPOCRITE)
Mike when a restaurant in canada has USDA prime CAB that would be imported from the US into Canada. Unless the CFIA is allowed to stamp UDSA grades on beef. For some reason i do think that is allowed :roll:
As for SH and OT - KEEP on complaining we up here in canada will change to fit our customers even in the US. Mabey one day you guys will get a clue and then maybe one day cows will grow wings :roll:

How about Canada Northern Gold? :D

Canada Northern puts a picture in your head of wide open spaces, brilliant white snow, blue skies and clean water that is a marketing tool that's hard to beat.

The Canadian name is utilized a lot in places like Japan for just that reason. 8)

"Kaiser's head" and "wide open spaces" are redundant. :lol:

You want to move some product, put his wife's picture on the label - she's a heck of a lot better looking than he is.

Sandhusker said:
"Kaiser's head" and "wide open spaces" are redundant. :lol:

You want to move some product, put his wife's picture on the label - she's a heck of a lot better looking than he is.

AMEN :wink: :lol: :lol: :p

Latest posts