• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadian Border Agents Flee- No Guns????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Heres something I hope the new Canadian Prime Minister remedies...No wonder the US is stiffening border security- claiming Canada is lax- they don't even let the Cops pack guns.......If they'd have reached Canada they would have probably been given sanctuary, since Canada is refusing to extradite American felons that could face the death sentence...

U.S.-Canada border crossing closed after chase

Wednesday, January 25, 2006; Posted: 9:57 a.m. EST (14:57 GMT)

BLAINE, Washington (AP) -- A high-speed chase that ended in gunfire closed the U.S.-Canadian border crossing near here for hours Tuesday, authorities said. Two men sought in a California homicide were arrested after one of them was shot and wounded.

The crossing is one of the busiest on the U.S. northern border. Traffic was diverted to the Pacific Highway crossing about a mile to the east as police investigated.

An unspecified number of Canadian border agents, who are unarmed, left their posts during the incident because they were concerned about their safety, said Paula Shore, a spokeswoman for the Canada Border Services Agency. Managers took over and security was not compromised, she said.

Earlier, the Whatcom County sheriff's office had received a tip that two men sought in the California case could be headed to the area, Sheriff Bill Elfo said.

A car carrying two men matching the description was seen about six miles south of the border on Interstate 5. When a sheriff's deputy tried to stop the car, the occupants sped off, reaching speeds of 100 mph, Elfo said.

At some point, a Customs and Border Protection agent fired his gun, striking one of the men, Elfo told The Seattle Times.

The chase ended just a few feet from the border when a deputy blocked the suspects' car with his squad car, Elfo said. One man bolted, but authorities quickly caught him.

Lt. Mark Gagan of the Richmond, California, police confirmed that Ishtiaq Hussain, 38, and Jose Antonio Barajas, 22, were arrested after approaching the border and failing to stop. He also confirmed that Hussain had been shot and wounded. His medical condition was not available Tuesday evening.

Authorities in Richmond, California, were working to extradite the suspects. Both were sought in the Saturday shooting death of a 43-year-old man there.

OT- Harper will be arming the customs agents . The RCMP were manning that crossing, they were defianately armed and those clowns would not have crossed. Since when has Canada refused to extradite criminals? Left wing liberal lawyers try to obstruct extradition but I don't know of any successes.......probably the Charles Ng murder case was one of the best publicized and he was returned south. Perhaps the answer lies in arresting criminals before they can escape to other countries!

cowsense said:
OT- Harper will be arming the customs agents . The RCMP were manning that crossing, they were defianately armed and those clowns would not have crossed. Since when has Canada refused to extradite criminals? Left wing liberal lawyers try to obstruct extradition but I don't know of any successes.......probably the Charles Ng murder case was one of the best publicized and he was returned south. Perhaps the answer lies in arresting criminals before they can escape to other countries!

Hopefully Harper will make a bunch of changes-even the NDP's wanted to arm the border agents, so he should get some support there...

I don't know of any specific cases right now- but I know there was a lot of screaming about Martin refusing to extradite persons that could be executed if convicted- and refusing to extradite deserters from the military, calling them political prisoners....Back to shades of hiding out all the draft dodgers during Vietnam.....
Hopefully this new fella will straighten things out.....

"I don't know of any specific cases right now- but I know there was a lot of screaming about Martin refusing to extradite persons that could be executed if convicted- and refusing to extradite deserters from the military, calling them political prisoners....Back to shades of hiding out all the draft dodgers during Vietnam.....
Hopefully this new fella will straighten things out....."

What's wrong with refusing to extradite war deserters and people facing the death penalty? It seems honourable to me for a country to take in people who may be persecuted for refusing to fight an unjust (or even a just) war. Also, Canada is opposed to the death penalty so why should they participate in it by sending a prisoner South of the border? Seeing how the U.S. government treats prisoners, ie. Guantanamo Bay and the sending of prisoners overseas to be tortured, Canada shouldn't send any criminals South of the border.

Just so happens thats MY country your talking about and No it is not honorable to keep criminals here!!! The reason I was hoping the conservatives got in was so more of our laws change,we are too leniant. If Harper and his party has anything to do about it our laws will get tougher which is not a bad thing at all....

Seeing how the U.S. government treats prisoners, ie. Guantanamo Bay and the sending of prisoners overseas to be tortured

I see you have been reading the liberal "talking points"....

to bad there is little truth in those false allegations........

but on another note, would you like the radical islamic terrorists, murders and benerally bad scum released.....given visas and live next door to you?

greg said:
Just so happens thats MY country your talking about and No it is not honorable to keep criminals here!!! The reason I was hoping the conservatives got in was so more of our laws change,we are too leniant. If Harper and his party has anything to do about it our laws will get tougher which is not a bad thing at all....

I didn't realize you had exclusive rights to write about Canada. Sorry.

If the government of Canada is ethically opposed to the death penalty, why should they condemn a person to the death penalty by sending them to another country that still systematically kills its own people? It wouldn't make sense.

What makes you think our laws are too lenient? Is your solution to put more people in jail and/or to reinstate the death penalty?

The recidivism rate for criminals who are in jail or put to death are 100%.

Tell us about any rehabilitation programs that would come close to this.

"I see you have been reading the liberal "talking points"...."

Yeah, that must be it. Or better yet, since I openly criticize the actions of the US gov't I must be a traitor or a terrorist, or whatever label you need to pin on me to feel more comfortable with yourself.

"to bad there is little truth in those false allegations........"

You don't have to look very far to see that the US government sends prisoners overseas to be interrogated. They don't even deny it. Heck, even when John McCain wanted to ban torture, the Bush administration was against his efforts. It's no secret and it's no liberal conspiracy. Here's one mainstream article out of hundreds, if not thousands:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-

"but on another note, would you like the radical islamic terrorists, murders and benerally bad scum released.....given visas and live next door to you?"

Not any more than I would like the radical 'freedom'-bestowing terrorists and murderers to the South to come and live next door to me. Maybe there wouldn't be so many 'Islamic terrorists' if we didn't give them something to be angry at us for. If another country blew up my family, friends, and home, I'd be pretty pissed off as well. There are two sides to this mess and those on either side seem incapable of understanding those on the other. Unfortunately, 'understanding' and 'communication' are not in the Republican vocabulary. Maybe it's time we looked at ourselves before placing the blame on others. Of course, thinking ideas through to their logical conclusion would also help, ie. invading a country, removing their dictator, and then actually having a plan to establish peace and democracy in the country. But I guess that's just another liberal conspiracy theory. After all, everything has been so peachy since the US marched into Baghdad and rained democracy and freedom from the heavens.

"The recidivism rate for criminals who are in jail or put to death are 100%."

I hardly see how a person put to death can relapse into criminal behaviour. That would be absurd. Of course, how many innocent people must be put to death for each person who actually committed a crime? It's a trick question because no one knows. I find it strange that the government, in condemning a man for murder, would then commit the very same act upon the 'criminal' that it seeks to oppose. The hypocricy is astounding.

"Tell us about any rehabilitation programs that would come close to this"

If I knew of one, I would gladly show it to you. Unfortunately, the only criminal systems I am aware of, other than local attempts to resolve issues by allowing the affected community a chance to deal with issues, are the deterrence and punishment systems that obviously do such a great job in keeping our streets safe at night. What I am suggesting is that there is another way to deal with criminals that might not involve systematic imprisonment and killing. In fact, there are many ways. Use your imagination. Just a thought...

Maybe there wouldn't be so many 'Islamic terrorists' if we didn't give them something to be angry at us for. If another country blew up my family, friends, and home, I'd be pretty p****d off as well.

yep and every since Sept 11, I'm fully willing to throw bombs at the dumb bastards...

but if you want to defend some one (PLO) who threw a wheel chair bound American off a ship...or Al quaida who flew planes into buildings then maybe your in the wrong country.......

which we don't know because like the top three liberals on here you are to afraid to admit where your from....

oh yea your link didn't work......

greg said:
What part of Canada you from Zara????Be upfront then we'll talk!!

Why does it matter what part of Canada I'm from? Does someone from one part of Canada have more of a right to speak about Canada than someone from another part? I don't see why it's relevant.

You want to argue with me about Canada PROVE thats where your REALLY from!!!Tell me what you agree with in the young offenders act,gun registration,Karla Homolka........?????????????

Greg asked?

sometimes a name says alot about someone.

Zarathustra; is believed to be from eastern part of Iran, in Afghanistan or Turkmenistan

and the founder of an religion, seems to have become convinced that all events of the world are based on cause and effects.

like since the terrorist bombed the US we are bombing the crap out of them...

Zarathustra said:
greg said:

Why does it matter what part of Canada I'm from? Does someone from one part of Canada have more of a right to speak about Canada than someone from another part? I don't see why it's relevant.

Probably speaks French and comes from east of Manitoba......

"yep and every since Sept 11, I'm fully willing to throw bombs at the dumb bastards..."

How many of the 'dumb bastards' that were responsible for Sept. 11 have you personally thrown bombs at? Are you willing to throw bombs at the occasional civilian? And then after you've knocked off a few hundred civilians and turned their families against you, are those people dumb bastards as well? Where does it end? It doesn't. You just help to recruit more enemies with little to nothing to lose.

"but if you want to defend some one (PLO) who threw a wheel chair bound American off a ship...or Al quaida who flew planes into buildings then maybe your in the wrong country......."

Who said I want to defend those people? Not me. I think there needs to be more of a will to understand both sides of the issue.

Based on anything I've written so far, why would I be in the wrong country? Do you not think freedom of speech or thought should be exercised?

"which we don't know because like the top three liberals on here you are to afraid to admit where your from...."

There's that great label again. What makes you think I am a 'liberal'? Since you are fond of labels, what label would you identify yourself with?

Admit where I'm from? What are you talking about? Why are you so eager to become hostile?

"oh yea your link didn't work......"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/01/AR2005110101644_pf.html

greg said:
You want to argue with me about Canada PROVE thats where your REALLY from!!!Tell me what you agree with in the young offenders act,gun registration,Karla Homolka........?????????????

I didn't realize I needed a passport to post to this message board. I think you are taking this far too seriously. Why is there such a need for positioning on this board? Why can't the issues be discussed without constant attempts to pigeon-hole anyone with differing views? If you want to discuss those other issues, it might be good to start another thread. I'm not going to address them as they've been put to me - some kind of elitist quiz that must be passed in order to discuss anything Canadian.

Latest posts