• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadian Carney to be top global bank cop

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
CANNES, France -- Mark Carney, Canada's AC/DC-loving central bank governor, is to become the world's top banking cop, G20 leaders confirmed here Friday.

"It is the first time a Canadian has headed an international financial institution of such wide scope," Prime Minister Stephen Harper told reporters here. "His appointment is both a tribute to his personal qualities and a reflection on Canada's superior performance in monetary, fiscal and financial sector policy areas."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/world/archives/2011/11/20111104-083509.html

Mike said:
Maybe it'll take awhile before he becomes corrupted?

You may be correct, might have been better to appoint a "seasoned politician" instead of someone like Palin or Cain....... :lol:

Maybe the OWS crowd will protest against his "lack of experience"

Steve said:
Obama would have appointed a friend, but he doesn't have any friends who have actually paid the taxes they owe...

I was wondering if this was due to Bush no longer being President.....he's obviously told the Global banks they can come off "their 8 year coffee break", which it seems Canada's regulators were never on, but the rest of the world's were......

icon_rubbingchin.gif

on another note, looks like it might be a cold, snowy winter.....I wonder if Bush has also wound down his "global climate change machine" :???:

hypocritexposer said:
Steve said:
Obama would have appointed a friend, but he doesn't have any friends who have actually paid the taxes they owe...

I was wondering if this was due to Bush no longer being President.....he's obviously told the Global banks they can come off "their 8 year coffee break", which it seems Canada's regulators were never on, but the rest of the world's were......

icon_rubbingchin.gif

on another note, looks like it might be a cold, snowy winter.....I wonder if Bush has also wound down his "global climate change machine" :???:

Obama stopped global warming at his inauguration, and is now linking the climate to his change agenda.. soon we will have global climate change to replace the old already settled global climate warming..

and I think Bush and Co forgot to stop colluding on the high oil prices.

Latest posts