• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadians can't protect themselves

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mrs.Greg

Reaction score
:?

Sorry,should have known better then try posting a decent thread about Canada in political

Steve said:
it seems there is a site set up for donations is it legit?,

Steve as far as I know it would be legit. I haven't seen it yet. I live in the next province over but the story was on talk radio here. Lots of support in rural ares of Canada for this man. We are at the mercy of slow reaction times for the police. In their defense they have very large areas to cover with minimal man power but that doesn't reassure you when dispatch tells you they are more then an hour away.
From what I heard on the radio Knight chase the thief with his car and force him on the ATV into the ditch. When the thief took off on foot he shot at him with the shot gun in the back. He called some neighbors to help until police got there. They had the thief in a truck with no one watching him and he started off in the truck but the stopped him.
We had a situation a few years back in this area. The homeowner made it to court and was in more trouble then the guys stealing gas. :roll:

The times - they are a changin' . . . well, have changed, I guess. BMr's story reminds me of an old-time preacher we had at our church years ago, God rest his soul.

This took place over 30 years ago.

He was good and caring enough to open his home to a young fellow that had left a trail of trouble behind him most of his years. One day the young pup took the preacher's car against his express orders. When he eventually got back, the preacher enlisted the help of another man and gave the punk a strapping with his belt.

And ended up in court on assault charges.

Being a very quick thinker and completely forthright type, he represented himself. When asked how he pleaded, the preacher replied, "Your Honour, he stole my car so I gave him a whipping. If you stole my car I would give you a whipping too!

The Judge replied, "Case dismissed".

The memory of that story cracks me right up every time I think of it. :lol2: And the amazing thing about it is that the only people that young fellow ever had any respect for were those who set hard parameters for him.

Oh but for judges like that today.

Mrs.Greg said:

Sorry,should have known better then try posting a decent thread about Canada in political

I thought it was a decent thread... and am even trying to send a donation to help the guy, but I found several sites seeking donations...

I was hoping someone with "local" knowledge of the legit donation site could post the link..

Steve said:
Mrs.Greg said:

I thought it was a decent thread... and am even trying to send a donation to help the guy, but I found several sites seeking donations...

I was hoping someone with "local" knowledge of the legit donation site could post the link..

Steve try this, I can vouch for the Alberta Treasury Branch, it is a real bank
http://www.albertalocalnews.com/reddeeradvocate/news/Strong_show_of_support_for_farmer_accused_of_shooting_thief_suspect_42749607.html#disqus_thread
http://www.brianknightlegalfund.com/

Thank you..

http://www.brianknightlegalfund.com/

that link worked,.. donations to help a person fight the charges are vital as legal cost can ruin a family..

if he is convicted the scumbag he shot can sue and wipe them out..

even if Brian wins in criminal court, the far left legal zealots can wipe a person out financially..

While it is "next door" the same thing happens in the US as well,.. so we are all better off chipping in now before this insane policy returns here again...

Donations Coordinator Contact Information
Brian Knight Legal Defence fund
[email protected]

Latest posts