• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canoe Trip Pic's

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Stretch

Reaction score
Well we actually got to get away from home for a VACATION..... 8) It was one of the best I have ever had. We went to Valentine and went canoeing down the Niobrara on Thrusday. I had never been canoeing and it turned out to be a great time. Here is a shot of the crew...
Vacation07-5.jpg

The weather was great and the Mrs took a lot of pic's of the river and it's impressive beauty.
Vacation07-4.jpg

I will have to admit it did wear us out as you can see...
Vacation07-6.jpg

On Friday we went for a bike ride on the cowboy trail from Valentine back to the southeast. Crossing this bridge was really something.
Vacation07-2.jpg

We took a minute to borrow the great view and take a family shot.
Vacation07-1.jpg

On the way up Cody was reading the map and decided he was famous that he had a town named after himself. So on Friday night we went for a little drive so he could see the town for himself..
Vacation07-3.jpg

I have a bunch of other shots and will try to get a minute to post some more. Seems that being gone for several days puts ya way behind when you are trying to make hay and you are off enjoying time away. :wink: 8) I am really impressed with the warm reception we recieved while we were on Vacation in Valentine. We used Graham outfitters and they were very helpful on setting things up and fitting us with the best canoe trip. I am glad that Katrina and Jassy recomended them. A big thanks to Katrina for all of her help and it was nice to get a chance to meet her. I would say that is my only regret about the whole trip was that I didn't know more about my schedule and line up a time to meet everyone up town for a glass of Ice tea.... :wink: If anyone is looking for a great place to get away from home and enjoy a day or two in the great outdoors I would highly recommend Valentine and a canoe trip down the Niobrara.... 8)

Glad you enjoyed your vacation in the Valentine area. You have a nice family. The pleasant memories of your canoe trip will stay with all of you for the rest of your lives. You will never regret taking the time to do this.

I'm so glad that you and your family had a great time here in our town of Valentine...Ya know when ya live in the area you take for granted the beauty sometimes...like the ole railroad bridge...I see it everytime I drive to town and yet I've never been on it to see the view. Never have gone down the cowboy trail...guess it's more of a tourist thing...now the river is a different story, as many times as I've been down there, I always see something new. This trip will be a great one to remember for years to come,,and I'll just betcha that you'll be back! Thanks for the pictures...they were great!

That old railroad bridge is an interesting topic for discussion. I should go and get more pictures of it. I would also like to put together more information about it. It was built to replace the old bridge that was built when the railroad came through back in 1883. The old bridge required a steep pull. In the fall when cattle were shipped east an extra engine was kept in Valentine to help get up the hill. During World War I a man was there who walked the bridge daily to see that it was not sabitaged, I don't know if that was the old brdge or this one.

Julie
What a beautiful family --
I love seeing families play together!

Thanks Julie. We tend to do a lot together. In some cases I wonder if maybe a little to much.... :wink: But seriously we try to do stuff together and I wouldn't have it an other way.

Soapweed

The pleasant memories of your canoe trip will stay with all of you for the rest of your lives. You will never regret taking the time to do this.
Soapweed I couldn't agree with you more. I try hard to keep things done up around here but it doesn't bother me to take time off to do stuff with the family. I have been known to even go to a baseball game and then come home and haul or bale hay half the night to make up for it.

Jassy
Ya know when ya live in the area you take for granted the beauty sometimes...like the ole railroad bridge...I see it everytime I drive to town and yet I've never been on it to see the view. Never have gone down the cowboy trail...guess it's more of a tourist thing...

We are all guilty of overlooking the most obvious beauty in things . Heck I even overlook the great people around me sometimes. :oops: Just about the time I do they do something really great that reminds me how important they are. Your country is so much different than ours here. Here a big pasture is a 160-320 acres in your area I would guess that to be more like 5,000. One other thing I noticed was the hay meadows they are amazing. The grass I cut for hay totals about 50 acres and it is in 10 patches. I have never seen so many round bales as I did on the way down Hwy 20 to the east.

katrina
Hopefully, this will be a family trip every year.... Stretch you have a wonderful family.... And I am so glad we got to meet........

Thanks for all your help and kind words. As far as a yearly trip well... If we ever get to have another vacation.... :wink: :lol: I would love to do a trip back up your way. I will have to admit I have a long list of places that I want to take the kids to so we may have to just drop in for a visit for a couple years. I would like to take the crew east and see some things like the Museum of Science and Industry, John Deere mfg and such.. Don't worry we had a great time and will be back (and yes that is a threat or promise however you view it... :lol: )

Clarencen said:
That old railroad bridge is an interesting topic for discussion. I should go and get more pictures of it. I would also like to put together more information about it. It was built to replace the old bridge that was built when the railroad came through back in 1883. The old bridge required a steep pull. In the fall when cattle were shipped east an extra engine was kept in Valentine to help get up the hill. During World War I a man was there who walked the bridge daily to see that it was not sabitaged, I don't know if that was the old brdge or this one.

It is great having you as the Ranchersnet Historian, Clarence! You add such a variety of interesting info. :!:

Stretch- it looks like you had a wonderful trip, cute little gal there asleep as the paddle :!:

Latest posts