• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cantor defeated

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cutterone

Reaction score
Go Ahead and tell us about amnisty Mr Cantor!

By JAKE SHERMAN | 6/10/14 8:03 PM EDT
RICHMOND, Va. — Dave Brat, a local economics professor, toppled House Majority Leader Eric Cantor on Tuesday night in the most shocking primary defeat since Republicans took the House in 2010.

The conservative challenger's victory halts one of the most meteoric rises in national politics, and illustrates the strong anti-incumbent fever that has taken over Cantor's Richmond-area district. Cantor is the second House incumbent to lose this primary season — Texas GOP incumbent Ralph Hall was defeated by a tea-party backed challenger at the end of May.

Cantor's defeat not only reorders Virginia politics, where Cantor was the highest-ranking Republican, but it completely throws the House Republican leadership into flux. Cantor, 51, was long seen as the next speaker of the House after John Boehner retires.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/eric-cantor-primary-election-results-virginia-107683.html#ixzz34HkW4Kxm

I thought the Tea party was dead already..

someday.. the liberal and GOP party elite will realize that the Tea party will keep sending candidates.. and keep trying until DC starts listening to the people..

now what we need is for the democrats to start their own tea party.. and we might even see a change in the way DC functions..

His loss to Dave Brat, a political novice with little money marks a huge victory for the tea party movement, which supported Cantor just a few years ago .

Is this really a win for the Tea Party or the Republican Party :???:

A rookie Tea Party candidate just beat out another Tea Party candidate (who with 13 years experience just happened to also be the most powerful ranking Tea Partier- and 2nd ranking Republican in the House) and they call that a victory :???:

That appears to me to be a big loss for both the Tea Party's power and the Republicans power...It'll take this new guy at least a couple of terms to figure out where the Congressional rest rooms are... :wink: :lol:

Is that what your going to try to go with? :lol:

People are ready to move back to the Constitution. Scary stuff for you people that want hand outs huh?

NBC's chief White House corespondent Chuck Todd pointed to a story originally broken Breitbart Texas abut the U.S.-Mexican border being flooded with illegal immigrant children as the main reason behind the "perfect storm" that caused House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) to loss the GOP primary to Tea Party challenger Dave Brat.

Todd credited the grassroots anti immigration movement reaction to the story.

"We had this perfect storm of what is in the news at the moment," he said.

Brat campaigned against Cantor's version of the DREAM Act, to which Todd said, "What's the current crisis the border is dealing. It's been lighting up talk radio. You have an urgency to the issue."

iwannabeacowboy said:

People are ready to move back to the Constitution. Scary stuff for you people that want hand outs huh?

Democrats Rejoice After Cantor's 'Unfrigginbelievable' Loss

Hunter Walker, provided by BUSINESS INSIDER

Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor's loss left the political world stunned Tuesday night, including a Democratic Party official who discussed the shocking upset with Business Insider.

"It's unreal," the official said of Cantor's loss to his underdog Tea Party-backed challenger David Brat.

Their shock hasn't stopped liberals from rejoicing over the defeat of a man who earned the nickname "Dr. No" for his vigorous opposition to the Democratic agenda in Congress. The official who spoke with Business Insider described Cantor's loss as being a "rebuke" of the GOP "on every level."
-------------

Brat's victory puts him on a course to face Democrat John "Jack" Trammell in the general election. Trammell's website notes he is "in part" named for former President John F. Kennedy and declares his intention to fight "extremism and 'business as usual' in Washington." Both Brat and Trammell are professors at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia.

With Cantor unable to run on the Republican Party line, the Democratic Party official said there are "a couple scenarios" for what might happen next. They suggested some of these possibilities "could put the seat in play" for Trammell, however, they cautioned, "It's obviously very early."

The official noted Cantor might run as a write-in candidate, which could result in a situation where the conservative vote "gets split" and creates an opening for Trammell. Cantor's campaign did not respond to a request from Business Insider shortly after his loss.

Describing the district as one that merely "leans Republican" and isn't overwhelmingly conservative, the official also suggested Brat might simply lose to Trammell outright.

"You have a guy that is so far to the right, this guy is areal loon from everything I've seen," the official said of Brat. "That's not the district this is. This is a suburban Virginia district, it's not a Glenn Beck crowd."

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/Democrats-Rejoice-After-Cantor-s-5543548.php

Well I've never taken a handout nor a dime of welfare or anything in my life and don't plan on starting to... Everything I have- I've worked for- so you can quit bearing false witness with that story...

But it does appear the Dems are jumping for joy as they had no chance at all against Cantor...
And the Dems think that without immigration reform- they have the perfect campaign issue to run most minority voters away from the Repubs in the election...

It appears the tea Party may be gaining some steam. People have had enough of the crap from both parties, and it is time we took our country back.

Oldtimer said:
Well I've never taken a handout nor a dime of welfare or anything in my life and don't plan on starting to... Everything I have- I've worked for- so you can quit bearing false witness with that story...

1. http://farm.ewg.org/persondetail.php?custnumber=A08285502 Not you huh? :lol:

2. You voted for Obama and have been a very staunch Obamacare supporter. It is nothing short of welfare and poorly run as always.

3. You also didn't support spending other peoples money to get a multimillion dollar water system for yourself a few years back did you? :lol:

And that's without trying very hard.

Go piss on someone else's leg and tell them it's raining.

iwannabeacowboy said:
Oldtimer said:

1. http://farm.ewg.org/persondetail.php?custnumber=A08285502 Not you huh? :lol:

2. You voted for Obama and have been a very staunch Obamacare supporter. It is nothing short of welfare and poorly run as always.

3. You also didn't support spending other peoples money to get a multimillion dollar water system for yourself a few years back did you? :lol:

And that's without trying very hard.

Go p*** on someone else's leg and tell them it's raining.

That bitchslap had to hurt!

Oldtimer said:
A rookie Tea Party candidate just beat out another Tea Party candidate (who with 13 years experience just happened to also be the most powerful ranking Tea Partier- and 2nd ranking Republican in the House) and they call that a victory :???: [/quote}

Cantor a Tea Partier?? Are you on the sauce again??

TexasBred said:
Oldtimer said:
A rookie Tea Party candidate just beat out another Tea Party candidate (who with 13 years experience just happened to also be the most powerful ranking Tea Partier- and 2nd ranking Republican in the House) and they call that a victory :???: [/quote}

Cantor a Tea Partier?? Are you on the sauce again??

Maybe you should get on it- realize what is happening in the world...
All the media and Cantor personal sites are reporting his being previously supported by the Tea Party- and working with the Tea Party..

Virginia Primary Results: Eric Cantor Stunned By Tea Party Challenger Dave Brat In Massive Upset

AP | By ALAN SUDERMAN

Posted: 06/10/2014 8:02 pm EDT Updated: 18 minutes ago

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — House Majority Leader Eric Cantor was defeated Tuesday by a little-known economics professor in Virginia's Republican primary, a stunning upset and major victory for the tea party.

Cantor is the second-most powerful member of the U.S. House and was seen by some as a possible successor to the House speaker.

His loss to Dave Brat, a political novice with little money marks a huge victory for the tea party movement, which supported Cantor just a few years ago.

http://jjb.yuku.com/topic/737690/Eric-Cantor-Stunned-Tea-Party-Challenger-Dave-Brat-Massive#.U5iCrjbnacw

Cantor said in 2010 that he worked with the Tea Party movement in his district

Going against the Tea Party got him defeated.....you did see who won right?? And he will win the general election by a landslide. That district is extremely heavy republican.

But with Eric Cantor's shocking defeat Tuesday night, things for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Business Roundtable just got a whole lot worse.

For one, they lost a major defender of their favored policies--from the beneficial tax treatment of private equity income to immigration reforms favored by the country's biggest tech companies. But even worse for their prospects, Cantor lost to a challenger who specifically attacked him for his close ties to big business -- going so far as to single out the BRT and the Chamber.

"The central theme of Brat's campaign is that Cantor is beholden to business — specifically the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Business Roundtable," wrote Politico in April.

"If you're in big business, Eric's been very good to you, and he gets a lot of donations because of that, right?" Brat said at a local meeting of Republicans in Virginia, according to Politico. "Very powerful. Very good at fundraising because he favors big business. But when you're favoring artificially big business, someone's paying the tab for that. Someone's paying the price for that, and guess who that is? You."

While everyone is focused on Brat's critique of Cantor's immigration stance, that attack came in the broader context of the increasingly potent "crony capitalism" theme. For instance, Brat went after Cantor specifically for his support of strengthening the H1B visa program, a policy especially favored by tech companies such as Facebook since it allows them to hire more engineers from overseas. Critics have said that the program allows firms to seek cheaper labor to maximize profits and puts foreign workers ahead of Americans.

You KNOW the Tea Party has gone mainstream when one TP candidate runs against a powerful incumbent and wins............then suddenly the whole nation is talking about it.

I like it. :lol: :lol:

Dems are rejoicing? Good thing they're getting it out of their system now.

Cantor is a life long politician .. I liked him more then some others. but like most. he toed the elite party line..

He is one of the Republican Party's top fundraisers, having raised over $30 million for the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC).[20] He is also one of the three founding members of the GOP Young Guns Program. In the fall of 2010, Cantor wrote a New York Times bestselling book, Young Guns: A New Generation of Conservative Leaders, with the other two founding members of Young Guns.[21] They describe the vision outlined in the book as "a clear agenda based on common sense for the common good." [22] Cantor said in 2010 that he worked with the Tea Party movement in his district.

now that is about as close as you can get to him being a TEA party favorite...

facts are the darnedest thing..

Eric Ivan Cantor (born June 6, 1963) is the United States Representative for Virginia's 7th congressional district, serving from 2001.

History of the Tea Party Movement
New Political Movement Quickly Finds Loyal Following
by Beth Rowen

Since its inception in February 2009, the Tea Party movement —found a large and loyal following that quickly gained traction and supporters.

CNBC's Rick Santelli is widely credited with launching the grassroots movement. While standing on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange on February 19, 2009,

Oldtimer said:
iwannabeacowboy said:

Democrats Rejoice After Cantor's 'Unfrigginbelievable' Loss

Hunter Walker, provided by BUSINESS INSIDER

Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor's loss left the political world stunned Tuesday night, including a Democratic Party official who discussed the shocking upset with Business Insider.

"It's unreal," the official said of Cantor's loss to his underdog Tea Party-backed challenger David Brat.

Their shock hasn't stopped liberals from rejoicing over the defeat of a man who earned the nickname "Dr. No" for his vigorous opposition to the Democratic agenda in Congress. The official who spoke with Business Insider described Cantor's loss as being a "rebuke" of the GOP "on every level."
-------------

Brat's victory puts him on a course to face Democrat John "Jack" Trammell in the general election. Trammell's website notes he is "in part" named for former President John F. Kennedy and declares his intention to fight "extremism and 'business as usual' in Washington." Both Brat and Trammell are professors at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia.

With Cantor unable to run on the Republican Party line, the Democratic Party official said there are "a couple scenarios" for what might happen next. They suggested some of these possibilities "could put the seat in play" for Trammell, however, they cautioned, "It's obviously very early."

The official noted Cantor might run as a write-in candidate, which could result in a situation where the conservative vote "gets split" and creates an opening for Trammell. Cantor's campaign did not respond to a request from Business Insider shortly after his loss.

Describing the district as one that merely "leans Republican" and isn't overwhelmingly conservative, the official also suggested Brat might simply lose to Trammell outright.

"You have a guy that is so far to the right, this guy is areal loon from everything I've seen," the official said of Brat. "That's not the district this is. This is a suburban Virginia district, it's not a Glenn Beck crowd."

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/Democrats-Rejoice-After-Cantor-s-5543548.php

But it does appear the Dems are jumping for joy as they had no chance at all against Cantor...
And the Dems think that without immigration reform- they have the perfect campaign issue to run most minority voters away from the Repubs in the election...

Bump for somebody.

Richard G Britzman received payments totaling $17,439 from 1995 through 2012

:lol:

OldHypocrite said:

God that is rich. Hey Dicky, wasn't it you blasting someone on here a while back for taking subsidies? Yeah, it was you.

Latest posts