• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Casa Paloma where are you located?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Lily, Glad to hear you folks made out ok.
Our son used to live in Beaumont- really glad he got out a few yrs ago. Must make selling a house almost impossible not to mention all the other problems they're facing on the coast.

The next time we have a calf killing blizzard I'm going to remember that at least the ocean isn't coming in on us, and then I'm going to also remember that it doesn't usually get hotter than hell here either. And traffic backed up for miles. . .ain't no cow could cause that much aggravation!

nr, how's the traffic situation where you are? If you'd care to retire out here in "Soapweed" country, I've got several fixer upper houses to show you. Would you like to learn how to windrow and run a baler? We might work out some sort of labor for rent barter arrangement. :lol:

HAY MAKER said:
Be careful casa paloma,there aint much warning for tornadoes,some of these storms spawn alot of tornadoes and some dont,let's hope this one dont.............good luck

Haymaker- Did you get any weather your way? I haven't heard anything from little Sis, but did see on the news where GW was able to fly into Austin, so it probably didn't affect her much....Last I talked to her was about 2 weeks ago when she got back from her Alaskan cruise--she was hoping for cooler weather and rain then.......

Oldtimer said:
HAY MAKER said:
Be careful casa paloma,there aint much warning for tornadoes,some of these storms spawn alot of tornadoes and some dont,let's hope this one dont.............good luck

Haymaker- Did you get any weather your way? I haven't heard anything from little Sis, but did see on the news where GW was able to fly into Austin, so it probably didn't affect her much....Last I talked to her was about 2 weeks ago when she got back from her Alaskan cruise--she was hoping for cooler weather and rain then.......

Nope,no rain around here,I believe this is the driest I have seen,We got a couple inches the end of May,then nothing since.I dont think the Austin area got any either.Like an ole coot that ranches east of me said."Its drier than a sack of Bull Durham"..............good luck

Cal said:
The next time we have a calf killing blizzard I'm going to remember that at least the ocean isn't coming in on us, and then I'm going to also remember that it doesn't usually get hotter than hell here either. And traffic backed up for miles. . .ain't no cow could cause that much aggravation!

nr, how's the traffic situation where you are? If you'd care to retire out here in "Soapweed" country, I've got several fixer upper houses to show you. Would you like to learn how to windrow and run a baler? We might work out some sort of labor for rent barter arrangement. :lol:

Cal,
It seems every area has its own aggrevations as well as positives. Traffic here is no problem- once you get used to it :D The road commission DOES seem to like to work simultaneously on all the major roads heading in one direction though- now that gets aggrevating. Seems like someone should use common sense! We did love seeing those open fields and rolling land. Real pretty country in SD.

Why is it you want me to do rehab on your houses in my retirement- we've always bought fixer uppers and the one we're in now is to be our LAST.
I wouldn't mind learning how to run a windrow and baler. Couldn't get over how huge Soapweed's equipment was- even with big Saddletramp standing beside it.!

nr said:
Cal said:

Cal,
It seems every area has its own aggrevations as well as positives. Traffic here is no problem- once you get used to it :D The road commission DOES seem to like to work simultaneously on all the major roads heading in one direction though- now that gets aggrevating. Seems like someone should use common sense! We did love seeing those open fields and rolling land. Real pretty country in SD.

Why is it you want me to do rehab on your houses in my retirement- we've always bought fixer uppers and the one we're in now is to be our LAST.
I wouldn't mind learning how to run a windrow and baler. Couldn't get over how huge Soapweed's equipment was- even with big Saddletramp standing beside it.!
I need to get a picture of our 40' three tank JD air drills when the weather clears up and we get to working again. Use a semi to fill two tanks and a straight truck to fill the third; holds seed wheat, 11-52-0, and 46-0-0. Places the nitrogen fertilizer beside the seed, and the 11-52-0 ends up in the same air stream with the seed. Spray the fields before drilling with a 90 ft. sprayer. Both use GPS guidance, and have lots of wires running all over :( .

Cal said:
nr said:
Cal said:

Cal,

I need to get a picture of our 40' three tank JD air drills when the weather clears up and we get to working again. Use a semi to fill two tanks and a straight truck to fill the third; holds seed wheat, 11-52-0, and 46-0-0. Places the nitrogen fertilizer beside the seed, and the 11-52-0 ends up in the same air stream with the seed. Spray the fields before drilling with a 90 ft. sprayer. Both use GPS guidance, and have lots of wires running all over :( .

One of the many things that was so interesting in our trip westward with you folks was the sheer scale of things, machinery being one. We're so used to everything in dinky scale here: machinery, land, driving speeds... :!: :lol:

Latest posts