• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Case Tractor Question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Richard Doolittle

Reaction score
I have an old orange 1270 and I broke the key off today. Does anyone know if those old case tractors are keyed alike? I'll probably have to get a new switch, but there won't be anyplace open until Tuesday for that.

Oh just let her die peacefully and get yourself a nice new green one with a new key attached. :D

I believe Case is like all the rest, one size fits all.

the 70 and 90 series were keyed alike the best place is the auto part store the harness will math the switch

I'm not opposed to jimmy-rigging, but there's not enough room for a screwdriver. I can use my pocket knife to get it started, but its kind of a pain.

pull the wires off the switch and cross them manually. You will an adrenalin rush as if you were stealing it each time you start it.

on our case 2290 we put in a push button switch to start it. All you have to do is run a hot wire to the switch and the other back to the starter. Works great.

Andy said:
on our case 2290 we put in a push button switch to start it. All you have to do is run a hot wire to the switch and the other back to the starter. Works great.
Have a push start on my international,nice and easy.

This is the sort of little mechanical glitch that seems to get a person or two killed every year. Guys will get in the habit of crossing over the solenoid on the starter with a screwdriver or some such. Works great but standing in front of the rear tire and starting it when you've forgotten that you left the machine in gear is a recipe for disaster. It's a good idea to get a decent fix on it soon, in my humble opinion.

Latest posts