• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cattle Handling Facilities

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Well, Grandpa has decided that Dad and I have too much time on our hands :roll: We're going to build a handling facility in one of our pastures. We were looking at round pens, to avoid using corners (we have had some crazies come through and we are trying to reduce the amount of stress we put on them) Anyone have any blueprints? Or kinow where I can get some? Maybe some pictures of your facilities? What you do like about yours or what you would do differently? We want to be able to run 100 pairs through here. Do not want to make a cheap pen, we are going to build it to last.

TIA for the helpful replies. I've been keeping myself pretty busy, I haven't had time to come on here. I wonder if anyone on here still remembers me! 8) :lol:

Of course we remember you!! You would be hard to forget :wink: ~we're glad you are still alive and kicking for one thing, young man!!

Good luck with your search. Have you googled 'livestock handling equipment'?

Don't stay away so long, next time!! :D

When you work on 10 foot post spacings, a pipe 13ft6inches will make a 1/4 circle. Cut 11 times 1 foot apart, take a power pull, connect the ends and pull, stop at 9 1/2, it will spring back to what you need

I always liked a simple, yet wide enough to cut cows, alley going one direction and the chute coming back the other way beside it. Depending on what side you generally brand/work on you would run the alley up either the left or right side of the chute. If it is a pasture situation it can be done pretty inexpensively, and wild cows will naturally run to the end and try to escape back where they came from (but up the chute).

Latest posts