• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cattle Producers Will Work Together to Remedy Supreme Court

Help Support Ranchers.net:

~SH~ said:
Dropping your price in the cash market to reflect your purchases in the formula market is a normal supply and demand market reaction, not market manipulation.

Hey look at that. And SH argued for DAYS that the formula market wouldn't lead to any drops in the cash market. So now what happens with the next formula that are based on the dropped cash market? They're LOWER!

Rod

DiamondSCattleCo said:
~SH~ said:
Dropping your price in the cash market to reflect your purchases in the formula market is a normal supply and demand market reaction, not market manipulation.

Hey look at that. And SH argued for DAYS that the formula market wouldn't lead to any drops in the cash market. So now what happens with the next formula that are based on the dropped cash market? They're LOWER!

Rod

Rod, you deceptive pathetic blaming ^*%&&&%%^%$! Don't you understand that prices are lower because of transportation costs? Are you afriad of the truth? You're just a spin master and master of deception! $%^%$$! %&&%%%^ (%^@%#%$ ^&&^%$$ %#$^ (&*&^%^ %$@#$%^&^$#$ :mad: :mad:

How was that? Was I close? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agman, I finally figured out why Judge Strom threw out the jury verdict. His ruling was based on "excepted" law, so when the Appellate Court or the Supreme Court looked at the case, the only issue they would have to look at was if "excepted" law was followed. As you said, Judge Strom had legal precedence that he followed. If the jury verdict had been let to stand, then there would have been "new" legal precedence and the Appellate Court would have had to decide between the two differing rulings. But if the Appellate Court overturned the Judge's verdict, they would be making "new" legal precedence which would make them an "activist" court. Judge Strom, acting as Judge and jury, virtually eliminated any chance Pickett would have in appeal.

Get you a cool one and go ahead and torch me. :(

RobertMac said:
Agman, I finally figured out why Judge Strom threw out the jury verdict. His ruling was based on "excepted" law, so when the Appellate Court or the Supreme Court looked at the case, the only issue they would have to look at was if "excepted" law was followed. As you said, Judge Strom had legal precedence that he followed. If the jury verdict had been let to stand, then there would have been "new" legal precedence and the Appellate Court would have had to decide between the two differing rulings. But if the Appellate Court overturned the Judge's verdict, they would be making "new" legal precedence which would make them an "activist" court. Judge Strom, acting as Judge and jury, virtually eliminated any chance Pickett would have in appeal.

As Agman said, Judge Strom was picked for a reason. :wink: :wink:

Predetermination is alive in the U.S. court system. :mad: :evil:

Econ101 said:
RobertMac said:

As Agman said, Judge Strom was picked for a reason. :wink: :wink:

Predetermination is alive in the U.S. court system. :mad: :evil:

Where did I say Judge Strom was picked for a reason? Another lie from Econ. What I said was Judge Strom was experienced in these types of cases which he is. If you have proof otherwise, not allegations, then present what you have.

RobertMac said:

I have no intention to torch you. We just may disagree on some, most, almost all issues! I really do respect your thought process, just not your conclusions. If you could ever got out from behind the conspiracy mode you would be great to have dialog with. Have you ever let yourself even for one minute think that the Pickett case simply had no merit. You know that is a real possibility also.

I asked a question of you several day ago if you ever sold cattle on contract or to a major packer. Have you; no flame intended? Keep it cool.

Sandhusker said:
Rod, you deceptive pathetic blaming ^*%&&&%%^%$! Don't you understand that prices are lower because of transportation costs? Are you afriad of the truth? You're just a spin master and master of deception! $%^%$$! %&&%%%^ (%^@%#%$ ^&&^%$$ %#$^ (&*&^%^ %$@#$%^&^$#$ :mad: :mad:

How was that? Was I close? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmmmm, anyone ever notice if Sandhusker and SH are ever logged on at the same time? Perhaps we have some multiple personality issues here?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, when I was growing up, I always wanted to be a Master of Disaster and a master of disguise? Can we add those to my other masteries?

Rod

Rod: "Hey look at that. And SH argued for DAYS that the formula market wouldn't lead to any drops in the cash market. So now what happens with the next formula that are based on the dropped cash market? They're LOWER!"

The issue is not whether the formula market is ocassionally higher than the cash market, the issue is whether or not that is market manipulation. If it is, then dropping your price on feeder calves in the cash market to reflect your purchases in the video market is also market manipulation.

Pickett lost for good reasons. There was no proof of market manipulation, period, regardless how badly packer blamers like you would like to believe otherwise.

~SH~

SH, "There was no proof of market manipulation, period"

I just proved you a fool with a quote from Veneman. Do you want me to provide a quote from Strom? How big an idiot do you want to be today?

SH, "If it is, then dropping your price on feeder calves in the cash market to reflect your purchases in the video market is also market manipulation"

You need to either furnish the name of a person who controlls 1/3 of the national market on feeders or learn how market power is created. My bet is that you know neither.

Sandbag: "I just proved you a fool with a quote from Veneman. Do you want me to provide a quote from Strom? How big an idiot do you want to be today?"

Oh golly, I'm just standing in fear..................ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Dropping your price in the cash market to reflect your purchases in the futures market is not market manipulation. Nobody disputes that Tyson bid less in the cash market after they had most of their needs procured in the formula market.

Creating "ILLUSIONS" again Austin?

Sandbag: "You need to either furnish the name of a person who controlls 1/3 of the national market on feeders or learn how market power is created. My bet is that you know neither."

Diversion!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandbag: "I just proved you a fool with a quote from Veneman. Do you want me to provide a quote from Strom? How big an idiot do you want to be today?"

Oh golly, I'm just standing in fear..................ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Dropping your price in the cash market to reflect your purchases in the futures market is not market manipulation. Nobody disputes that Tyson bid less in the cash market after they had most of their needs procured in the formula market.

Creating "ILLUSIONS" again Austin?

Sandbag: "You need to either furnish the name of a person who controlls 1/3 of the on feeders or learn how market power is created. My bet is that you know neither."

Diversion!

~SH~

I was raised with a whole passel of cousins. We used to wrestle a lot and we would say, "Uncle" when we were pinned and gave up. That conceded defeat and meant you were done. I guess in your family you said "diversion".

Are you sticking to your "transportation costs" on why Tyson can lower their prices in the face of such competition from Swift, Excel, etc...? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts