• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

CAUTION !!!! farming pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
per said:
Certainly a fuel line is busted. I'll bet the real damage will be to that five fold Frigstad cultivator.

It almost looks like the pin was pulled on the cultivator.

At least there wasn't a big air tank in the mud.
For sure the pin was pulled but they still have to get it out. They don't pull cultivators backwards without damage, it looks to be well down in the centre section. Pulling individual shanks would be the protocol but given the decisions made to this point whether they do that would be the question. No fixing that fuel line where it sits so a tank and hose should be next and then a high hoe to build a ramp and slop the slop out. Glad it isn't mine. A neighbor has a 2200 bus tank built so he can just pull up with a super B once a day.

Having lived in the swamps for 30 years and built up a great aversion to being stuck, I have learned to MOST TIMES, read the ground and avoid the bad spots.

Do operators like this guy look at those low spots and say ' I can do this, hold my beer.' ?

gcreekrch said:
Having lived in the swamps for 30 years and built up a great aversion to being stuck, I have learned to MOST TIMES, read the ground and avoid the bad spots.

Do operators like this guy look at those low spots and say ' I can do this, hold my beer.' ?
GPS likely played a part in this. Surfing the web, sleeping, reading or just not paying attention will bite you when it steers by itself.

I bet the GPS was confused as H@LL by the time everything got done sliding, spinning, turning and sinking...

I'll bet it's the first time that unit has ever been stuck. Big Bud country isn't known for over abundant moisture.

I don't see any tillage behind him. I bet he was going to 'tickle that low spot and get her dry'n out'. Been there done that to a much lesser extent.

RSL said:
I bet the GPS was confused as H@LL by the time everything got done sliding, spinning, turning and sinking...

:lol:

i guess they got it out with a big excavator and a D8 cat.

i also think around here folks aren't used to having a water table for so long - usually you only here of the guys up in our summer pasture area in the alkaline area getting stuck farming.

i wouldn't be surprised if someone wasn't paying attention either with the gps. the neighbor to the south of us across the river probably crops 30 to 40K acres/year... every year someone falls asleep on one of the tractors and has some sort of wreck. i know one of the hired men on that place - he said they have a field that takes from sun up to sun down to make the opening lap.

Hereford76 said:
RSL said:

i also think around here folks aren't used to having a water table for so long - usually you only here of the guys up in our summer pasture area in the alkaline area getting stuck farming.

i wouldn't be surprised if someone wasn't paying attention either with the gps. the neighbor to the south of us across the river probably crops 30 to 40K acres/year... every year someone falls asleep on one of the tractors and has some sort of wreck. i know one of the hired men on that place - he said they have a field that takes from sun up to sun down to make the opening lap.

I've got a tractor like that too. . . :wink:

burnt said:
Hereford76 said:
RSL said:

I've got a tractor like that too. . . :wink:

:lol2: :clap: :lol2:

Those Big Buds have a lot a weight in them also but that looked to me like it would be pretty obivious that it was a LITTLE WET to go through. We had some pretty good rains here that last two weeks and the other day I was making a parts run and seen a tractor trailer rig had pulled over in a State yard that they have been piling dirt in. He had a big Cat bulldozer on his trailer and he was stuck all the way up over his wheels. He tried to turn around in a water hole :roll:

Hereford76 said:
[ they have a field that takes from sun up to sun down to make the opening lap.

Ace, I have GOT to get up to see your country !!!

About 4 years ago one of the helpers got our 9170 in almost that bad.

I got all the " Tank Retriever" chains I had ( $123.00 @ at the army navy surplus store ) and took one of the 980 cats down.

Unhooked the 32' sunflower finisher and using the bucket pulled the tractor out 5' at a time then got the finisher out the same way.

Ask the driver what he was thinking, his reply was " I thought with 12 tires I could go anywhere I wanted" He still works for us and is a valuable employee - - this was a great learning lesson for him!

I made him go back with a loader and clean the first 1/2 mile of road after he got the field done. It is amasing how much mud a set of tripples will carry when burried like that!

Latest posts