• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

CCB

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Larrry

Reaction score
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=1&vote=00116

Cowards

Agreed.

Just minutes ago, Senate liberals tabled the "Cut, Cap and Balance" Act which had been put forward by Senator Jim DeMint and free market House Republicans.

Harry Reid refused to even allow the plan to be debated. He called the plan to cut spending and balance our budget "some of the worst legislation in the history of this country," even though a new CNN poll shows 66 percent of Americans support the plan.

You and I should know what comes next. President Obama, Senate and House Democrats and many "head for the tall grass" Republicans will now demand a "compromise" that increases taxes and allows spending as usual to continue.

Here's the kicker – the tax increases will take effect immediately and be permanent. The promised spending cuts will be just that, promises. Why? Because no Congress can bind future Congresses when it comes to spending levels.

Karen, do you trust Washington politicians to keep their word in coming years on spending cuts?

Me neither.

Our last line of defense is the House Republicans. CLICK HERE to tell your member to vote NO on tax increases or false spending cut promises as part of some debt limit increase "compromise."

To House Republicans' credit, they passed "Cut, Cap and Balance" with only 9 of their number voting NO (mostly conservatives who wanted to cut EVEN MORE.). In addition, 5 courageous House Democrats also voted for the legislation.

Last week at an event, a Vietnam vet wearing a Marine Corps baseball cap told me that "we've got challenging days ahead but just remember that no fight worth winning is ever easy."

He also told me there's "no such thing as a 'former Marine' because once a Marine always a Marine."

A big challenge confronts us. Throwing up our hands would be easier. But, we're going to keep fighting. There's no such thing as "former" grassroots freedom fighters!

Sincerely,

Tim Phillips
President
Americans for Prosperity

P.S. "Cut, Cap and Balance" is the ONLY serious attempt to cut government spending in the short-term while bringing genuine long-term budgetary reform with a Balanced Budget Amendment and a hard cap on government spending. CLICK HERE to tell your member of Congress to "keep fighting" for it!

Americans for Prosperity® (AFP) is a nationwide organization of citizen leaders committed to advancing every individual's right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFP believes reducing the size and scope of government is the best safeguard to ensuring individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. AFP educates and engages citizens in support of restraining state and federal government growth, and returning government to its constitutional limits. AFP has more than 1,700,000 members, including members in all 50 states, and 31 state chapters and affiliates. More than 85,000 Americans in all 50 states have made a financial investment in AFP or AFP Foundation.
For more information, visit www.americansforprosperity.org

McCain (R-AZ), Not Voting

Kerry (D-MA), Not Voting

not sure what their excuse is.. nor would it have changed the results.. but to think these two were once considered for the highest office and they can't even vote on a serious measure?

Talk about playing following the leader. These guys are pathetic, on both sides, every Dem voted yea and every Rep voted nea, except for the 2 that didn't vote, can't anyone of them use their own brain.

Republicans Voting 'Nay'
Name Voted
Rep. Michele Bachmann [R, MN-6] Nay
Rep. Paul Broun [R, GA-10] Nay
Rep. Francisco Canseco [R, TX-23] Nay
Rep. Scott DesJarlais [R, TN-4] Nay
Rep. Morgan Griffith [R, VA-9] Nay
Rep. Walter Jones [R, NC-3] Nay
Rep. Connie Mack [R, FL-14] Nay
Rep. Ronald Paul [R, TX-14] Nay
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher [R, CA-46] Nay

Republicans Voting 'Abstain'
Name Voted
Rep. Donald Young [R, AK-0] Abstain

to be honest I do not want the debt ceiling raised, and overall it will probably not effect me a whole hell of alot if it doesn't and the financial sector craps..

but to vote no one a plan... I would expect at least for them to have presented a plan themselves.. have they?

and the few brave democrats who want to keep their jobs in these tough times.. and should be commended for standing up to Obama/Reid and pisslosi..
Democrats Voting 'Aye'
Name Voted
Rep. Dan Boren [D, OK-2] Aye
Rep. Jim Cooper [D, TN-5] Aye
Rep. Jim Matheson [D, UT-2] Aye
Rep. Mike McIntyre [D, NC-7] Aye
Rep. Heath Shuler [D, NC-11] Aye

BRG said:
Talk about playing following the leader. These guys are pathetic, on both sides, every Dem voted yea and every Rep voted nea, except for the 2 that didn't vote, can't anyone of them use their own brain.

pretty sad isn't it?

while I am not a great supporter of McCain.. this shows why he shouldn't have been nominated on the republican side..

Latest posts