• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

CFIA Blew It On BSE Issue

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
Mike said:
Which actions? Are you having me followed? :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

Would I not lose the advantage of subtility by answering your question? :)
You sneaky devil you! On the issue of Canada vs. US, I will maintain a degree of patriotism though. To the "Confederate States of America"! :wink:

You might want to remember Canada was an ally (albiet unwittingly) to the Confederacy. The Confederacy attacked some place in vermont from out of Canada. :lol: And ever since we have been known as a haven for enemies of the US, :roll:

In 2004, Canada exported 35% of total beef and cattle produced in Canada. This decrease, from 60% in 2002, is a direct result of border closures following the BSE announcements in May, 2003. Statistics Canada, Canfax, AAFC 2004

On a net basis (subtracting out imports) Canada exported 24.5% of its beef and cattle production in 2004. This compares to 17% in 2003 and 53% in 2002.
Statistics Canada, Canfax, AAFC 2004

Canadian beef exports were valued at $1.9 billion in 2004 - up from $4 billion in 2003. There were no live cattle exports in 2004 due to the border closure following the 2003 BSE announcement. Statistics Canada 2004

Silver said:
Mike said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
Would I not lose the advantage of subtility by answering your question? :)
You sneaky devil you! On the issue of Canada vs. US, I will maintain a degree of patriotism though. To the "Confederate States of America"! :wink:

You might want to remember Canada was an ally (albiet unwittingly) to the Confederacy. The Confederacy attacked some place in vermont from out of Canada. :lol: And ever since we have been known as a haven for enemies of the US, :roll:

I have also read that John Wilkes Booth had traveled to Canada and got his marching orders for the assasination there. You people just let anything within your borders, don't you? :wink: :lol:

Sandhusker said:
Mike said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
Do we get the credit for Lee Harvey Oswald too? :shock:

No. Sorry! That credit was given to Russia. Better luck next time. :wink:

Russia, Cuba, Canada, they all talk funny. :wink: :lol:

Wow, you think we talk funny! Ever been to the deep south, Sandhusker? First time I heard my one buddy from Mississippi talking, his drawl was so wide and slow that I thought he must be suffering from sleep deprivation or excessive achohollically induced relaxation. We were having a visit on our back porch and I fell a sleep for a minute or so. Felt kinda rude, but the interesting thing was that when I woke up, I realized that I hadn't missed more than 2 or 3 words! :) :) (J.K.)

I guess how we hear others depends on our roots.

Hi, when our son was a professional bullrider almost 20 years ago, he spent a couple winters in Baton Rouge. One summer a bullriding buddy of his from there came here and spent the summer with us. It was very interesting to hear his views on everything, such as discrimination, medical care etc., all of which were so different from ours.

He was so polite, I was ma'am all summer that year and really got to like that. But his way of speaking was the best part. We just loved to listen to him with his slow talking voice. After he went back to La., our whole family was told that we were talking like him, just couldn't help it I guess!
When our visitor was here I had made a video of him working on the ranch, baling, riding horseback etc. We live a long way from town and paved roads. When he got home he showed his family the video and his mother, a business lady from Baton Rouge, called and asked if there was ashphalt anywhere in Canada. This surprised me as it wasn't too long after the Calgary Olympics which was telivised almost world wid.

Latest posts