• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

chance of a life time

Help Support Ranchers.net:

little bow rancher

Reaction score
just got some news today I was ask to be 1 of 21 trucks too haul cows to the coast to be loaded on a boat bound for Russia , kinda neat if you ask me , of course I'll take some pic's and post them :D

That would be great; go for it. Take lots of photos and keep us filled in on the details.

I had a nice visit with a gentleman that went to Russia with a shipment of cattle a couple years ago. He spent several months over there tending the cattle and teaching the Russians about taking proper care of the livestock. He had horses sent over for the project. His biggest "problem" was that he didn't take over nearly enough lariat ropes. He said you couldn't buy anything over there that passed for a good lariat.

little bow rancher said:
just got some news today I was ask to be 1 of 21 trucks too haul cows to the coast to be loaded on a boat bound for Russia , kinda neat if you ask me , of course I'll take some pic's and post them :D

You should suggest that they load at the quiet port at Bella Coola. You would be able to sightsee some of your old stomping grounds and guide the flatlanders down the Hill. :wink:

How are you doing anyway? We haven't heard from you much since the scare you gave us last winter.

If you are going to be headed down I 80 in utah let me know and I will by you lunch or dinner only 10 minutes away or just honk your horn really loud.

gcreekrch said:
little bow rancher said:

You should suggest that they load at the quiet port at Bella Coola. You would be able to sightsee some of your old stomping grounds and guide the flatlanders down the Hill. :wink:

How are you doing anyway? We haven't heard from you much since the scare you gave us last winter.
well been busy but not so busy as to take a little better care of myself , got a little extra help and the part time cow hauling has been pretty relaxing , thanks for asking , no worries soap the youngest doesn't have school , I think she's going to be the official photographer , heck I think she's more excited then me , we'll keep you posted

I've got some friends stateside are sending cattle over there-it would be quite an experience to fly over kinda like Vegreville or Smoky Lake just bigger.

Watch out you don't get shanghai'ed and wake up on a boat... :shock:

Cool trip. Expecting pics.

Good for you Littlebow. I wondered about you as I drove to Lethbridge and back on 23 tonight. Enjoy the trip.

Some Stevensons, vets and cowhands rotating in and out from Montana. Manager of big ranch east of here was offerred a job--said he couldn't do it.

Then they offerred to have him come over for like a week or two, couple times a yr---give an unbiased perspective. (the guy is exceptional--not sure how they got onto him) and he didn't think he could do that.

He's wanting to retire and is training understudys. I told him he was nuts---what an opportunity, go for a couple weeks, all exp paid plus $$---give his guys at home a chance to spread their wings and see what they know and don't know, but they shouldn't have screwed up too bad in couple weeks. Wonderful opportunity for all involved.

Another of my buddys was working oilpatch over there yrs ago---big $$---he said the food sucked---he'd take army duffle bags of dinty moore beef stew----i told him he had no imagination----(this from a guy who bought dennisions hot chili by the case, poked a hole in it and set in on intake manifold of draw-works motors coming outa the hole or exhaust manifold going in---I do like hot meals, properly balanced!

Northern Rancher said:
Life is too short to miss out many adventures!!
I totally agree travel has been the greatest education I could ever have had!
There are a lot of cattle and pigs going from here to Russia and even greater numbers of granparent stock pigs to China. Many large farms are being bought, leased or managed by Brit farmers who have the experience to get the run down ex-state farms productive, lots of crime problems though!

Latest posts