• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Check-Off Question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ben H said:
Article I section VIII of the constitution, the commerce clause as well as the 10th amendment. If animals don't cross state lines like the Montana raised label ( or whatever they call it) it is intrastate commerce not interstate, therefore the federal law requiring the checkoff can't apply.
\

I am very familiar with the Commerce Clause but I just wanted to know what you were saying.

You make a good point.

Tex

Article I section VIII of the constitution, the commerce clause as well as the 10th amendment. If animals don't cross state lines like the Montana raised label ( or whatever they call it) it is intrastate commerce not interstate, therefore the federal law requiring the checkoff can't apply.

Ben H said:

You know, of course, that since it does benefit the meat packers, none of this matters. In the end, in Washington and in the courts, it is money and power that matters, not principles.

Tex

The only argument is Wickard v. Filburn, but that case was a terrible ruling and needs to challenged.

Latest posts