• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cheney gives them hell

Help Support Ranchers.net:

wdcook

Reaction score
from Drudge; CHENEY FIGHTS BACK
Wed Nov 16 2005 18:56:46 ET

Excerpts As Prepared For Delivery Tonight by Vice President Cheney

THE VICE PRESIDENT: "As most of you know, I have spent a lot of years in public service, and first came to work in Washington, D.C. back in the late 1960s. I know what it's like to operate in a highly charged political environment, in which the players on all sides of an issue feel passionately and speak forcefully.

In such an environment people sometimes lose their cool, and yet in Washington you can ordinarily rely on some basic measure of truthfulness and good faith in the conduct of political debate. But in the last several weeks we have seen a wild departure from that tradition.

And the suggestion that's been made by some U. S. senators that the President of the United States or any member of this Administration purposely misled the American people on pre-war intelligence is one of the most dishonest and reprehensible charges ever aired in this city...

Some of the most irresponsible comments have, of course, come from politicians who actually voted in favor of authorizing force against Saddam Hussein. These are elected officials who had access to the intelligence, and were free to draw their own conclusions.

They arrived at the same judgment about Iraq's capabilities and intentions that was made by this Administration and by the previous Administration. There was broad-based, bipartisan agreement that Saddam Hussein was a threat … that he had violated U.N. Security Council Resolutions … and that, in a post-9/11 world, we couldn't afford to take the word of a dictator who had a history of WMD programs, who had excluded weapons inspectors, who had defied the demands of the international community, who had been designated an official state sponsor of terror, and who had committed mass murder.

Those are facts.

What we're hearing now is some politicians contradicting their own statements and making a play for political advantage in the middle of a war. The saddest part is that our people in uniform have been subjected to these cynical and pernicious falsehoods day in and day out. American soldiers and Marines are out there every day in dangerous conditions and desert temperatures – conducting raids, training Iraqi forces, countering attacks, seizing weapons, and capturing killers – and back home a few opportunists are suggesting they were sent into battle for a lie.

The President and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone – but we're not going to sit by and let them rewrite history.

We're going to continue throwing their own words back at them. And far more important, we're going to continue sending a consistent message to the men and women who are fighting the war on terror in Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other fronts.

We can never say enough how much we appreciate them, and how proud they make us. They and their families can be certain: That this cause is right … and the performance of our military has been brave and honorable … and this nation will stand behind our fighting forces with pride and without wavering until the day of victory.

Developing...

square-large-looney.jpg

The only guy less popular in Washington right now is Karl Rove. When Cheney speaks only the lunatic right-wing fringe listens.

SDSteve said:
The only guy less popular in Washington right now is Karl Rove. When Cheney speaks only the lunatic right-wing fringe listens.

reader (the Second) said:
He was not that popular to start with.

Boy, I bet that keeps Dick Cheney awake at night, don't you think? LOL Probably one of the few left inside the Beltway that doesn't resemble a half-assed banding job. He's still swinging both of them.

Oh, wait. There's more than just a few. I forgot Hitlery.

You are a sick person. Time out for you. Big time.
Sick? Who? Me? Just 'cause I forgot to count Hitlery? Or because I didn't count her twice? Not only does she have her two, she's probably totin' those little mustard seeds of Bill's, too.

X said:
SDSteve said:

He was not that popular to start with.

Boy, I bet that keeps Dick Cheney awake at night, don't you think? LOL Probably one of the few left inside the Beltway that doesn't resemble a half-assed banding job. He's still swinging both of them.

Oh, wait. There's more than just a few. I forgot Hitlery.

You are a sick person. Time out for you. Big time.

Reader, people like X make me smile. She's so far out of the mainsteam, she's hurting whatever cause she thinks she's supporting. :)

Disagreeable said:
Reader, people like X make me smile. She's so far out of the mainsteam, she's hurting whatever cause she thinks she's supporting. :)
Hate to break it to you, dis, but you're pretty out there yourself. Even people who don't like the GOP like kolanuraven and Reader the 2nd take the time to discuss other things besides Bush.

I have a little theory about you, Dis: at first I thought you were just pompous, but now I believe there's more to it. You know back in Kindergarten when you like a girl, you pull her hair or throw the foos ball at her? I think it's the same dynamic with you and the president. What is it about him that drives you so crazy with hate - or is it passion? The slightly sticking-out ears? The acquired Texas twang? The eyes that are just a tad too close together?

All I'm saying is, it's hard to believe anyone could be so fixated as yourself without at least a little bit of suppressed desires. You know what they say about homophobes, right? I think the same dynamic is at work here. :lol: :lol:

mp.freelance said:
All I'm saying is, it's hard to believe anyone could be so fixated as yourself without at least a little bit of suppressed desires.
I bet GWB will vomit when he finds out about this.

I think Cheney & Bush are the type of men that can't say...no matter what the situation.... " I was wrong" There are people like that in this world and I think these 2 have found each other. They seem to be convinced of their plans...no alterations whatsoever. It seems that the more contra/anti war statements they hear....it seems to solidify their stance even more!

Things change in the world so should plans and strategy. You can almost compare the world and it's events to an amoeba...constantly changing.

These guys just seem entrenched. Narrow minds are MUCH more dangerous than terrorists!!

kolanuraven said:
It seems that the more contra/anti war statements they hear....it seems to solidify their stance even more!

If only they'd bend to polls and remain desperately insecure about every decision, we'd be a lot better off, right?

mp....NO that's not what I meant and you know it. You yourself know of people who will stand their ground on " whatever" and not dare listen to anyone else...whether that person may have a good suggestion or not.

It's like the Emperor's New Clothes syndrome......." I say it's this way...thus it must be this way"

Everyone, be they Rep or Dem should have the mental ability to take in advice...not just put their hands over their ears and stomp their feet and yell NO, I won't listen!

That is how I see the bush/cheney gang....it's my opinion...and everyone's got one!!! :D

kolanuraven said:
mp....NO that's not what I meant and you know it. You yourself know of people who will stand their ground on " whatever" and not dare listen to anyone else...whether that person may have a good suggestion or not.

It's like the Emperor's New Clothes syndrome......." I say it's this way...thus it must be this way"

Everyone, be they Rep or Dem should have the mental ability to take in advice...not just put their hands over their ears and stomp their feet and yell NO, I won't listen!

That is how I see the bush/cheney gang....it's my opinion...and everyone's got one!!! :D

I kow I shouldn't post this, but........ they had a mandate from the people! :wink:

You should have seen McCain on Letterman last night. When Letterman asked him if Bush and the bunch weren't kind of arrogant and wondered about cronyism, McCain wouldn't answer the question. He just said that Bush loves his country and is an honest man. He did say that like all administrations, there have been mistakes, but he thinks GW will turn this around, as did Clinton and Reagan in their second terms.

mp.freelance said:
Disagreeable said:
Hate to break it to you, dis, but you're pretty out there yourself. Even people who don't like the GOP like kolanuraven and Reader the 2nd take the time to discuss other things besides Bush.

You're never going to make it as a journalist, mp. The polls every week say more and more people say we should not have gone into Iraq. They tell us their faith and confidence in Bush is eroding. The majority no longer think he's an honest man. I am in the mainstream.

I have a little theory about you, Dis: at first I thought you were just pompous, but now I believe there's more to it. You know back in Kindergarten when you like a girl, you pull her hair or throw the foos ball at her? I think it's the same dynamic with you and the president. What is it about him that drives you so crazy with hate - or is it passion? The slightly sticking-out ears? The acquired Texas twang? The eyes that are just a tad too close together?

So sad about you. You're following in the footsteps of passin gas and ding dong, when you can't come up with facts, insult someone. I don't have any reason to change my theory about you. You're still a punk who will set on the sidelines and cheer as Americans die in Iraq, but you won't put yourself out to help.

All I'm saying is, it's hard to believe anyone could be so fixated as yourself without at least a little bit of suppressed desires. You know what they say about homophobes, right? I think the same dynamic is at work here. :lol: :lol:

:roll:

Referring to " a mandate from the people" statement....maybe we should go about this " war" thing from another angle.

Really...put it to a vote of the people. The people who will be going....the parents, friends and family of those who will be going....the whole of the US, the citizens. Put the vote " to the people"....not just the few blow hards in Congress. The time it would take to count the vote would be irrelevant as it takes months to prep the military for deployment anyway. Isn't it " of the people, by the people and for the people"....well let the PEOPLE decide.

I say lets make a Const. amend. to allow all decision of war/invasion actually be in the hands of the people who will be dealing with it first hand. I don't think there is anyone in Congress who has a close relative( child, sibling, etc) involved in the war...I maybe wrong on that point....but I dont' think so. I'm SURE someone will correct me on that point!!

kolanuraven said:
I say lets make a Const. amend. to allow all decision of war/invasion actually be in the hands of the people who will be dealing with it first hand. I don't think there is anyone in Congress who has a close relative( child, sibling, etc) involved in the war...I maybe wrong on that point....but I dont' think so. I'm SURE someone will correct me on that point!!

I'm sorry, kolanuraven, but that can't happen. Our military (and their families) must not be able to make policy. Their vote is their weapon to affect national policy. When a soldier takes an oath, he basically turns his life over to the Commander In Chief. Our strong, brave, military has been badly served by this CIC.

Yes, some Senators have/had sons in Iraq earlier this year. During some testimony before a Senate committee, it was brought out that some of the Senators had children serving.

Latest posts