• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cheyenne Frontier Days

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
It rained so a friend and I jumped in the car and went cfds.... I have to say that cheyenne is the best rodeo.. We had a wonderful time watching the athletes participate.. Really enjoyed the colt races... That's where they keep the colt at one end of the arena and walk the ole mare to the other end and at a gun start turn the colts loose to run to their mammas.. The national anthem on Saturday was soooo good that it brought tears to everyone and with the fireworks was just unbelievable.. Trick riders, match horse races and of course the clowns made the rodeo spectacular. I must say that the 30 foot score line was so much fun to watch for the steers and calves plus the cowboys...We saw some end over end wrecks in the steer doggin. Awesome team roping.. One team caught the head and threw the steer down and as the heels came up the heeler threw his loop and caught them... The girls in the barrel race rode great and the horses looked really fine... If you ever get a chance please go to Cheyenne Frontier Days.. It's certainly worth the drive and time.

MY 12 YEAR OLD (RILEY/RALPHIE) SAYS HE WOULD "MUCH RATHER GO TO CHEYENNE RODEO THAN THE BIG ONE IN VEGAS".....GUESS I BETTER START SAVING MY NICKLES AND DIMES AND GET THE BOY THERE BEFORE HE GROWS UP AND DOESN'T WANNA BE SEEN WITH MAMA ANYMORE!! :wink:

Those colt races sounds like fun. I've never heard of that before. Did they really run fast back to their mothers or what?

I would totally agree with Riley/Ralphie, Kris. We spent 3 nights in Vegas over Memorial Day and I don't care if I ever go back to that place. I'm content to watch the NFR on TV if possible.

Kris, By all means take the boy... You'll love the atmosphere for families.. Sooo much action and lots to do and see.. The parade, Indian Village, museums.. They have gun fights down town.. Not real of course.. People are sooo nice to help you find resturants and even getting back on the road with congested traffic.. We did a lot of walking so wear your comfy shoes.. You don't have too.. You can park right at the grounds for a fee.

You bet JF!!! Them colts run like skalded dogs!!! The winner was a (I think) Frenchmans guy colt... But a paint and appy was a fast second and third... First place paid $5,000.00 and a nice bronze trophy of a mare and colt..

The dinner bell derby!!
They usually seperate Mom and colt so the little one is hungry and mom is wanting some relief :wink:

It was a good show! We were blessed to be able to be there also. I did rendevous with Wyo Rancher, and would have with you, had I known. You are correct. "The daddy of 'em all" is not a billing, so much as just a fact. We had tickets for Sunday, but were given 4 tickets at Cheyenne for the Saturday show. It was in the sun under the misters, and real hot to us drylanders. The show was worth it. Sunday, we were further up under the shade, and enjoyed it more just because we were more comfortable. I do also agree on the National Anthem. Usually that is a solo, but the harmony was outstanding, and just sorta made ya' proud to be an American. If ya' haven't been, its one ya' need to put in your bucket.

Shortgrass said:
It was a good show! We were blessed to be able to be there also. I did rendevous with Wyo Rancher, and would have with you, had I known. You are correct. "The daddy of 'em all" is not a billing, so much as just a fact. We had tickets for Sunday, but were given 4 tickets at Cheyenne for the Saturday show. It was in the sun under the misters, and real hot to us drylanders. The show was worth it. Sunday, we were further up under the shade, and enjoyed it more just because we were more comfortable. I do also agree on the National Anthem. Usually that is a solo, but the harmony was outstanding, and just sorta made ya' proud to be an American. If ya' haven't been, its one ya' need to put in your bucket.

Dang.. That would of been fun! We were in the general admission seats clear in the corner on the right, so there was no people in front of us.. Little hot we had some sun..What a view of the stands across the arena where you where.. My friend used to trick ride for Harry Vold so was really fun for us... Love watching the pickup men roping the bulls.. INteresting end to wild horse race... :wink: Did they say anything about it sunday?? We watched it as it was just east aways from us and we where watching the horses... :( I'm practicing my rain dance for next year so we can go again.... :twisted: :twisted:

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself I hope your fireworks were a little less exciting than those at the Sheridan County Fair. BMR and I took our whole family including 4 month old Colt to the Charlie Daniels Concert and the fireworks that followed the concert came a little to close for comfort. We were sitting in the front roll of the bleechers with rolls of lawn chairs in front of us and one of the fireworks shells misfired and came back over the crowd and landed under the bleechers where we were sitting. Just as I looked down to see what had hit the ground it rolled under the bleach and blow up. Colt was sitting on my lap and I had my hand over his ears so the fireworks wouldn't scare him. We were very lucky THANK GOD as he was not harmed. His little blanket was melted in two spots but he never even cried, to him it was like nothing happened. Our son's girl friend and I were not so lucky. We both came away with burn marks and bruising on the backs of our legs. The EMT was there within seconds to take a look and told us to we were burned but there was No need to be treated at hospital. We were to ice our legs to control the swelling and bruising once we got home and put burn ointment on the burns. She was right the leg did swell and bruise and hurts but considering how much worse it could have been with Colt sitting on my lap I Thank God it was me and not him. The rest of the weekend was a bit better with a trip to Manitoba to see Colt Baptized on Sunday morning. All in all it was a birthday weekend the will not be forgotten soon. BMR figures we traumatized and Baptized Colt all in one weekend.

Latest posts